G'day!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm an Aussie :lol: . Been lurking on here for a while and i'm pretty impressed. I grew up on and around bikes when I was a kid, but grew up and out of them. Now I'm an old fart (38) :roll: , I've been getting back into them a bit, mainly lowrider/dragster/burrito/oneoff kinds of stuff. Nothing in the build right now, sold off my last ones a couple of years ago, but I have a headfull of ideas and a shedfull of tools so anything could happen... :lol: :lol: :lol:

welcome from across the pond,I have been on a bike since I was maybe 3 (42years old now)and never got off one,been through many types of bikes but ended up doing lows,chops,cruisers and recently ratrods,done well with mtbs on the second hand selling front,but they are so cheap to buy new now $100 gets you a whole bike so no money in doing that so went with custom and cool bikes,presently creating a stable of bikes which will all be family members bikes,then i will start a club then will do for sale bikes,I have raked up so many cool ideas from this site,start building my friend

Where abouts in Australia are you? The wife and I are in Northern Vic...

Your interests sound pretty similar to mine... "low-rider/dragster/burrito/one-offs" :mrgreen:

Check out my current Cadillac build if you like... Thread link is in my signature...

Luke.

Thanks all for the welcome 8)

LukeThejoker, yes I've been following your Caddy build :shock: , you're mad, in a good way :lol: :lol: . I'm up in Wagga, so in the big scheme of things, just 'round the corner.

I found some pics of my old bikes for your enjoyment/criticism :lol: :lol:

077.jpg

This was a bare Speedwell Mustang frame with a Bratz donor. Only real mods was the billet bracket at the top of the now non-springer front for pemanent lowness, staino sissy bar/seat mount and some fluffy fabric over the original Bratz seat.
Funny story time; when I bought the donor bike from K-mart, the lady at the checkout gave me my receipt and said "hang on to this in case you need warranty" to which I replied that "it wouldn't be much good to me after I got it home and cut it up" she looked at me all funny...

078.jpg

This was a bit more involved :shock: :lol: :lol: . Another Speedwell Mustang, wheels and forks from a 22" ladies bike, forks heated and bent (obviously :lol: :lol:) head tube cut and layed back, front spars cut off and moved 2" further down then filled the 'tank', seat clamp cut off and seat post welded in, 2" cut uf the bottom of the rear triangle spars, new rear dropouts etc etc. Rode way better than you think it would :shock: :wink:

scrapedmytoes said:
Funny story time; when I bought the donor bike from K-mart, the lady at the checkout gave me my receipt and said "hang on to this in case you need warranty" to which I replied that "it wouldn't be much good to me after I got it home and cut it up" she looked at me all funny...
:mrgreen: That's cool...

Luke.

Back