Gaskill's Hop Shop Presents: Ten Buck Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Scored this baby for a cool ten about a month ago. I had the fenders left over from a Schwinn Wasp klunk. My buddy Smoopy gave me the back rack. And well i dug out all the other stuff from the Hop Shop boneyard. The straight bar had a really crappy old black paint job, so i just put more krylon on top, it looks really oily when you are close to it. I'm looking to put a chain guard and tank on it. I have a headlight that i'm prepping. Keep you updated.
DSC07454.jpg

DSC07452.jpg

DSC07451.jpg

10 BUCKS :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: That's awesome can't wait till you get it all done :wink:

Awesome bike and the photos look like they could be from a magazine. You truly have talent.

Tell me about that seat! Been wanting to do something like that but am clueless. Know any resources or tips?

lostgorilla said:
Tell me about that seat! Been wanting to do something like that but am clueless. Know any resources or tips?
Well i wore out my Finx hoodie so i cut the design out. Then i took the bare pan, its better if you have 2 pans that bolt to each other. With this one, it was just a single pan. I took some super spray 77, which you can find at an auto store. Sprayed the pan, and the back of the fabric. Let it get a little tacky and put it on. I super glued the fabric once i rolled it over the edge. It has held for a year already so.....I hope thats some help.

Nice deal. Love the location of the bell...a different sound will be emanating from below the seat :lol:
IDBUYTHATFORADOLLAR.jpg

...sorry I couldn't help it :lol: (robocop reference)

In the elevator, after the ED 209 presentation where a guy (Kinney) got shot.

Johnson: Too bad about Kinney, huh?
Bob Morton: That's life in the big city.

:D

vibr8shun - love the pic :)
gaskill - in love with that bike :)

nice bike brother. very very nice. you have kicked me in the rear. i have over 300 bucks in this bike. drop center wheels and kick back bendix/ front new departure. i have no seat, fenders, chain guard. haaa shoot 10 bones. living in so. cal is tuff for cheap parts. guess its time to start the build. thanks for pumping me up.
Photo-0613.jpg

Latest posts

Back