Gaskill's Hop Shop: "Dead Little Dove"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a sketch of the direction i'm aiming in.
Picture.jpg

Love the Sketch, love the Quick Bricks (I wish I could get a hold of a pair), love the moons, the seat, the hole thing!!!! Madness, Madness!!!!!

cant wait to see more! looks great! btw that seat looks interesting. what is it from? motorcycle?

Brillant!!! You are a true artist. Your build has me on the edge of my seat waiting to see what's next. Please take lots of detail pics.

stretch said:
cant wait to see more! looks great! btw that seat looks interesting. what is it from? motorcycle?

The seat is a combination of the higgins seat that was on the bike originally and a banana seat. I split the spring section to make the width smaller and then welded it to the pan of the banana seat.

So, I've been slaving away at the bike, and here are some new photos of where the Hop Shop is at with the Dove. I've also started working on a bike that will accompany the Dove, its a pit bike that holds the tools for race day, I'll get those pictures up some time too.
DSC06452.jpg

DSC06454.jpg

DSC06455.jpg

DSC06459.jpg

DSC06460.jpg

C'mon this build is nice, but you can't possibly get any kind of fast pedal action on it with the pedals behind the center of gravity. You need to let the center wheel absorb the motion your legs can assert in a regular riding position. Put the pedals on the third (center wheel) and let the bike work for you.
PS I'm not sure what's up with the clown thing but I assure you, you'll never pass muster in my company... :p :x

mastronaut said:
C'mon this build is nice, but you can't possibly get any kind of fast pedal action on it with the pedals behind the center of gravity. You need to let the center wheel absorb the motion your legs can assert in a regular riding position. Put the pedals on the third (center wheel) and let the bike work for you.
PS I'm not sure what's up with the clown thing but I assure you, you'll never pass muster in my company... :p :x

My guess is he doesn't care what you think. More power to him.

I was thinking, if you added some weight to the center wheel it would act better as a "pedal assistant" and would be kind of a centrifuge. It does that now, but a little heavier would make it work better.

Well, as the work of art it is, I think it´s freaking awesome!! One of the coolest things I´ve seen, I wouldn't have ever, not in million years come up with something as cool as this.
Who cares if it´s not the best rider? Is pure Art. :wink:

I thought this site was about rat rodding and new ideas not to put down anyones ideas no matter how radical they are. I think this is a great concept!! who cares if its functional or not its the IDEA that counts. Keep on building and keep the clown face its awesome in a "killer clowns from outerspace" way! :wink: Now the weight idea could work if you placed it on the very outer rim in equally spaced places most likely four weights of one to two pounds of lead strip like car wheel static balance weights. Once again AWESOME!!!!

B

killer.jpg

if he plans on putting a tire on the rim, he could glue some wheel weights or some flat weights around it then he could cover that with a protective strip if he wants to put an innertube in the tire.

Kinda' reminds me of those useless Japanese inventions, this is a very artistic build, glad I past on this contest!
Drive train could really use one of those FFW (forward free wheel) cranks. That way the center wheel could be hooked to the rear wheel directly but wouldn't feed power back to the pedals. Then hook the rear wheel to the small ring and the gyro to the big ring.

Edit: Bad news, this only will work with handbrakes and a fixed rear cog, rats! (late nite brainfart!)

Latest posts

Back