GarageBicycleBuilder Lisbon Portugal! Cadillac painted!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GarageBicycleBuilder Lisbon Portugal! NEW *Cadillac Cruiser*

:lol:

It's true, I didn't predict that one! Your cabs(USA) have pretty much this tone of yellow right?

In Portugal checkers are painted in a much more "light" yellow, not this one.

However I'm getting used to it and beginning to really like it:
DSCN3967.jpg

DSCN3964.jpg

DSCN3973.jpg

DSCN3991.jpg

(Still have to do some scenery pictures - this are a bit lame...)

Wow! very cool. I wasn't expecting Yellow.
To my eyes it needs the higher bars, but the mantis bars are too far forward.
Can you angle them back to match the rake of the fork? or pick up on some other line from the frame?

I am not sure about a sissy.
There looks a good line from the rear axle to the back of the seat, but it could clutter up that clean rear end.

Anyway what would I know. You are making this 'armchair builder/dreamer' very envious. Great work.
Kev

...so low and named cadillac it could only be some pimpin yellow! :lol: :lol:

Thanks a lot Kev, I appreciate your message :wink:

I'm also not sure about the sissy bar since cadillac isn't a chopper and, as you say, that "clear rear end" is crucial!
Although it really is a good idea to do in some next project - I've never thought of a sissy bar on my bicycles. :eek:

The thing that I liked the most about you're reply is "Can you angle them back to match the rake of the fork? or pick up on some
other line from the frame?" - That shows a sensitivity that is not that common and you're definitely right, but it's more comfortable
this way and for me that's more important. (I'm also always finding parallel and perpendicular lines on the frames.)

"You are making this 'armchair builder/dreamer' very envious. Great work." :D - it's definitely getting bigger and Bigger!!
I'm just hoping I can launch my career out of it :wink:

Deorman I'm not a big fan of lights and electricity on bicycles.
And I think that light is a bit old/retro for the modern lines of the cadillac, don't you? (I know it's a Cadillac light)

essencia is back in red!:

no strings attached:
DSCN4169.jpg

DSCN4173.jpg

DSCN4162.jpg

With strings:
DSCN4255.jpg

DSCN4260.jpg

DSCN4261.jpg

DSCN4264.jpg

DSCN4275.jpg

DSCN4278.jpg

Compare:
asrsv.jpg

gvraefae.jpg

She should really have a coaster brake but since it's my day to day ride I really prefer to have brakes and gears...

Soon I'm going to draw all the bicycle with a black pen - you will see :wink:

Cheers!

:D Thanks deorman :wink:

Almost finish:
DSCN4430.jpg

DSCN4431.jpg

DSCN4433.jpg

DSCN4435.jpg

DSCN4428.jpg

This is a kind of drawing that's really like a meditation for me and I love the contrast between black and red,
so Why not paint all the bike with it?! YES! :lol:

I cant believe how beautiful Portugal is. I wish I had such nice scenery for pictures. I see why you take alot of pictures. Here in the Detroit area its hard to find a good area to get good shots. Nice work you have going on. Now you just need a tubing bender and you'll never come out of your shop.

Thanks Deorman! The difficult part is getting the drawings to appear good in the picture.
It's one of those things that only can be experienced big time by seeing it live :lol:

Tommy Atoms said:
I cant believe how beautiful Portugal is. I wish I had such nice scenery for pictures. I see why you take alot of pictures. Here in the Detroit area its hard to find a good area to get good shots. Nice work you have going on. Now you just need a tubing bender and you'll never come out of your shop.

:D :D :D Yeah Portugal is quite a beautiful and peaceful place! And I live in Oeiras/Cascais, close to the sea and the river :wink:

Just because of your reply, i'm going to post some more photos :mrgreen: .
This ones at Cascais center:

DSCN4389.jpg

DSCN4364.jpg

DSCN4375.jpg

DSCN4358.jpg

Cheers!

Back