Funky Western Flyer BMX & Pacific Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Seems I have been having a dry spell with bikes finds lately. I purchased a DYNO Mooneye's up in Seattle and had my brother pick it up. No Pics yet and no ride to Idaho yet.

Picked these up off of CL today. The Pacific cruiser has a badly bent fork but I mainly wanted the wheels and a few other parts. The Western Flyer BMX has a cool fork. I have been getting ready to build another kids bike and this might be my starting point. Looks like it was built by Murray in 1978.

0924081735.jpg

0924081739.jpg

0924081740.jpg

0924081740b.jpg

0924081740c.jpg

Those are cool finds!!

Reminds me of a set of forks on a customized Scrambler a guy is selling around here on the CL for $100.

space1.jpg

space2.jpg

spaceclose.jpg

I must have been next in line for the flyer.... saw it on CL. Guess I got to be fast. Might still pick up the cruiser frame from the same fella though...
Mike

mmbackpacker said:
I must have been next in line for the flyer.... saw it on CL. Guess I got to be fast. Might still pick up the cruiser frame from the same fella though...
Mike

I figure good/cheap stuff goes within 1 to 2 hours of being posted. The cruiser frame was good. I don't know the make but had a skinny, skinny seat post. The seat clamp is part of the frame.

aka_locojoe said:
Cool finds Cman.
Not to hijack your post but Steve's pic reminded me of this photo I took at a parade we rode in.

Those chainguards are cool. Were they an aftermarket item?

Man this frame looks almost like my tweaker scrap truck find the other day. But mine has a gusset at the headstock, a little more rake, and a longer fork. But looks real similar. Same drop-outs and everything. Says RamRod II on the chainguard...
2884515849_e97473b047.jpg

I had a western flyer just like that, same color and everything. It was called a ...... chief ( I dont remember the first part of the name.) I traded it to a friend and he parted it out.

BrigmasterA said:
Man this frame looks almost like my tweaker scrap truck find the other day. But mine has a gusset at the headstock, a little more rake, and a longer fork. But looks real similar. Same drop-outs and everything. Says RamRod II on the chainguard...

Yeah I saw yours earlier. Mine had reminents of a plastic rear fender.

musclebikes said:
I had a western flyer just like that, same color and everything. It was called a ...... chief ( I dont remember the first part of the name.) I traded it to a friend and he parted it out.
Thanks for the info. I plan on turning this back in to a Moto style bike but with a fat tank.

Back