Fun to Watch: Custom Stretch Cruiser with Electric Motor

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know if you guys have already seen this YouTube video, but I think it's an awesome and fun idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YmgVcd_aAE

I've actually been debating on figuring out a way to build one myself because my girlfriend just bought herself an electric bike, loves it, and wants me to ride with her around Sacramento (it's actually down at College Cyclery with Karfer and the guys down their truing the wheel for her as I write this).

Anyways, if anyone knows of some decently powered bike electric conversion kits for a good price feel free to send me a PM.

Oh and here is the bike owners specs on this custom bike:
It's a 26" stretch cruiser with a triple T chopper fork. The engine is a skywhawk 48 volt 600 watt front drive brushless engine. 4 SLA batteries and the controller are located in the rear custom mounted leather saddle bags. The graphics are hand painted by Retna. On the dashboard: Leather grips, throttle with power indicator, dual rearview mirrors, Airzound horn, iPod mount, digital speedometer, brake w/engine kill switch. With all the weight, it tops out at about 21.2 MPH and about a 15-17 mile distance on a charge. I'm planning a NiMH upgrade with 72 volts soon and expect the bike to top 30MPH+

very cool!
be even cooler if the batteries could be solar powered recharged.

that vid of the fastest ebike man he was cruising.

i would cruise one!

Latest posts

Back