Fugsley - MO FATTA MO BETTA - Believe it or Not -TRADED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Fugsley - Getting ready for paint

kingfish254 said:
Yes, it will finally get grips. I even thought about cutting the steering tube and putting a stem inside of it and mounting some apes on it. But I am sticking with the standard permanent straightbar steering.

Good plan, the attraction is the big tires, don't detract from that.

Re: Fugsley - First coat of ORANGE paint 01/21

Primed and first coated Fugsley today.
I decided to go with bright orange.
I painted the tops of the ski orange, to have it as a background color for the places where I do some cutout (flames and such) on the yellow skateboard grip tape.

WP_000919.jpg

grip.jpg

Re: Fugsley - First coat of ORANGE paint - 01/21

Looking Good 8) :mrgreen:

Thanks, I think the orange will go well when I add the valve caps that I make out of the SouthPark Kenny Pawns from the chess set pieces that I bought for a couple of bucks.
Photo_B7E7617B-27E8-CDF9-6474-11FF4FCDC31C.jpg

BikeBuilders said:
That's awesome. You guys are so creative. A definite inspiration. The bad side is that it makes me wonder if anything I build can hold its own around here.

Thanks, but I am sure that your work will hold its own.Fugsley is only my second build and it is far from perfect. They main thing is to just have fun and build something that YOU like.

Final coat of paint is going to have to wait a few days. The isn't cooperating with painting today. A big fog bank has loaded the air up with moisture and lowered the temperature. Looks like another 76 degree on Thursday though. Guess I will take half a day off.

Re: Fugsley - Flaming grip tape Batman!! - 01/22

It really sucked not being able to put the final coat of paint on today. I did work on the water ski rack though. I am extremely please with how it turned out.

Yesterday I painted the bottom and sides flat black, then taped it and painted the top orange.
WP_000918-1.jpg

Today I laid out the flames on the grip tape and started cutting away with scissors. Here is the first section finished.
IMG_4840.jpg

Then I needed an uncut piece of grip tape to cover the old water ski boot holes, and I came up with curved stripes as a transition. I also added some more flame pieces to fill in the gaps at the bottom of the sun.

IMG_4841.jpg

IMG_4842.jpg

IMG_4843.jpg

IMG_4844.jpg

C00L bike build
just read the thread all the way through

AND

now watching a number of Schwinn Stingray Choppers on eBay here in the UK . . . . :lol:

Jo0Lz

jo0lz said:
C00L bike build
just read the thread all the way through

AND

now watching a number of Schwinn Stingray Choppers on eBay here in the UK . . . . :lol:

Jo0Lz

Thanks man.

Do a search on this site for OCC and you will see some other cool cchopped up OCC choppers.

If you have craigslist in the UK, you are welcome to steal the WANTED ad that I use to acquire OCCs. Yoothgeye gave it to me last year.
http://savannah.craigslist.org/bik/2777585651.html

kingfish254 said:
Do a search on this site for OCC and you will see some other cool cchopped up OCC choppers.
Ta will do . . .

kingfish254 said:
If you have craigslist in the UK, you are welcome to steal the WANTED ad that I use to acquire OCCs. Yoothgeye gave it to me last year.
We have CraigsList over here . . but it is not that 'active' in the UK
Also have sites called 'GumTree' and 'Preloved'

I'm amazed at the differences in prices for Schwinn Stingray Choppers on UK eBay
I've one I'm watching at 99p with no bids
A couple at £10 with no bids
Then there are the unrealistic ones as 'Buy-it-Now' at £50 and even £99!

B you never cease to amaze me!! Great job son. Oh and...You used Kenny! You ......!! Lol GTB!! Peace

Jake Sensi said:
B you never cease to amaze me!! Great job son. Oh and...You used Kenny! You beep!! Lol GTB!! Peace

Jake!!! Good to see you, my man!
I thought you had pulled a Cartman and said "Screw you guys, I'm going home!"
I haven't used Kenny yet. Tonight I have to drill a hole up his bum to hold the valve cap.
I just hope the weather cooperates, so that I can get the final coat of paint on this beast.
I still have a few tricks left on this one.
Peace!
Oh yeah, and GIT TA BUILDIN, will ya!!!!!!

Today was a beautiful day in the 70s, so I took off an hour early and laid the final coat of paint on Fugsley.
It's going to be fun putting it back together this weekend.

This post is for Yoothgeye.

KGrHqRioE3SH4KFLwBOGpEC2qV_3.jpg

I just realized that I haven't even thought about lights for Fugsley.
I don't have a photo, but I think I have one of those flashlights that has a big safety pin that you attach to life vests. I think it is even orange.

Maybe since I have the water ski, I can repurpose these boat light globes. I just have to make sure I put the right color on the starboard side.
boatlights.jpg

Brought the painted frame home and realized I still had some other parts to paint black, so I did that in the lane tonight.
No assembly yet.

When I bought the sunny grip tape, they creased the bottom section in their packaging. They sent me a replacement, so I ended up with 3/4 of the old one to use. I used to tonight for the front water ski rack.

WP_000934.jpg

WP_000935.jpg

Back