From what brand this frame? + MAD_DOG_LV bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
v brake, rear hub shifter, 3 piece crankshaft, looks like Threadless stem?
000031812269_%23_3_%23_MAD_DOG_.jpg

Re: From what brand this frame?

Strange. It's aluminum, euro bottom bracket, canti mounts just on the fork and not on the frame and not even a hole to mount a rear brake to, threaded headset. cable guide for a derailluer but not hanger. Something early 90's is what I'm guessing being the brakes as there not even v brakes.

Definitely different. It's got 'old school' rear triangle geometry behind the seat tube, lowrider geometry in front of the seat tube and a threaded headset that looks like it has a set screw on the top nut.
This is is either a dream or a nightmare to build and ride! :roll: :mrgreen:

oh I did I mention it's CHROMED, so painting it would be an adventure too!

Interesting .............. :shock:
I saw add in local internet site. Interesting is also small chain guard - searched in www and not find nothing similar :?

sparta_2.jpg

I could be wrong but it reminds me of my 90's Sparta Bullet (my guess it's from Dutch maybe German? origin). The company is known for it's decent/high quality everymen's bicycles. If this actually a Bullet then you have a pretty decent frame in your hands. It came/comes out in different sizes in both kids 24" to grown-up 26". And even the 26" were in different sizes too. So they don't always look allike. The tall frames are kinda ugly though... The examples from the lower-end market sported a singlespeed coasterbrake as opposed to the high-end market nexus 7speed drumbrake. (cantilever/v-brakes up front.) Both steel, and aluminium were used as framematerial. Catalogprices ranged from 300 till 800+ euro's...

Mine is a 26" version and had v-brakes upfront and a nexus 4speed drumbrake in the rear. (that's why you don't see mountingholes for a rear break...)

I think the Sparta is one of the nicest retrobikes that have the convincing vintage shape. I love how the cantilever tubes come together in the frame. One flowing line front to back.

Yours looks kinda small-ish. Is it a 24" frame?

More pics at:
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15929

MAD_DOG_LV said:
Seller answered for price :shock: 200$ :shock:

Is that pesos? :shock: That price seems a little steep especially since he doesn't even know what brand it is. And it's not a particularly old frame, not a complete bike, I'd say MAYBE $100 but that's only if you just HAD to have it.

herr_rudolf said:
congrats!

...but, what size is it? 24"? 26"? I never cared much for Dyno Cruisers but this one really has attractive lines. I wouldn't mind having a 26" version. But to me $165,- seems a bit high for just a bare frame though...
Sorry for my english - Just is a week ago http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30854 blue one for wife, but me is still in seeking positon for some bike or frame, and this mistery frame was only one variant for frame in our small market :(

I understand...
I always thought it was difficult to find cruiserbikes in The Netherlands, but in ex-sovjet teritory I can imagine it being much harder... Well, vintage cruiserbikes that is. Hope you can find the parts to finish, and maybe some fellow countrymen on this forum to help you out.

But, I agree with Galtbacken on what he replied to your intro-thread: Try to seek beauty in diamond frames, moutainbikes, or other frames that came from your country. With a little imagination, I bet you can make some nice and UNIQUE customs out of those... There are lot's of examples on this forum.

Good luck with the Dyno.

Not sure what frame that is in the photo, but $165 sounds like a fair price for the Dyno. Depending on condition, that is about what they sell for around here (Florida), and they tend to sell quickly. If I remember correctly, you had the two Dynos and an Electra. All were very nice bikes.

Tweek said:
Not sure what frame that is in the photo, but $165 sounds like a fair price for the Dyno. Depending on condition, that is about what they sell for around here (Florida), and they tend to sell quickly. If I remember correctly, you had the two Dynos and an Electra. All were very nice bikes.
Condition for Dyno (blue one, we have two Electras and one Dyno) is good, only some scraches on fender and frame, but it miss tank inserts :( , and some weird men cut 1 inche from frame for lower seat position. Ofcourse rear 3 speed hub have done alligment. That price was very cheap - becouse in first time seller asking twice more. Also now was a Mobile Phone provider sweepstakes, where was 30 electra's as grand prize, so i think in winter price for used cruisers will fall 8)

For Dyno was interesting things: it have Nirve flower white wall tires (it was second argument to give this bike for my wife) shimano nexus 3 speed hub with old style shifter, Gt front wheel hub 22mm, and front U brake what was not instaled. I put rear rack who come as gift for Deluxe (Deluxe price was 460$ )
Here is photo from add:
000031823617_%23_3_%23_MAD_DOG_.jpg

and now:
000031772841_%23_3_%23_MAD_DOG_.jpg

Front head lamp i removed after i put it.

Back