From Blighty With Love

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Folks, this is my first post in about a year and a half..................probably longer, anyway I finally got round to building something I thought worthy of the site, hope you like it.

3242092558_128f367229_b.jpg

cool bike nice stance. could we get some more info on the bike?

well, it was a Raleigh bomber..........a tin of paint stripper,cheap springers, Bontrega Hanks, Brooks B73 and some kids cruiser bars later.............and that's what it looks like, although it now has some grips :?

Forgot to mention, I swapped the Raleigh chain ring for a BSA one................

i love that frame i have a ccm with the same style.. it looks like going fast even standing still... good job..

nice lookin bike
i like having the writing on the chain-ring the only one i have got tho is a phillips chainset
it looks nice though

This one got stolen not long afer I posted it, so I built two others along the same lines in time for a show, and managed to pick up best tracker with the black one below..............and to top the weekend off, I recovered the original one on the tuesday, caught some toe rag on it and managed to get it back off him!

This Black one is again based on a Raleigh Bomber, but has had the plate welded in as a number plate..............still not got round to painting it..............it has a three speed coaster, laced into nice wide black rims with a cream stripe to match with the quick bricks, and has a lovely Triumph chain ring.

3599448670_005d99582a_b.jpg

This Red one is basically the same, but only a single speed and with those dodgy forks!

3598028838_a43eff8c81_b.jpg

I'm really diggin' the black one - wow!
Nice work on all - 8)

Some great looking bikes there. Must be fairly light too. I have a '64 Dunelt with a camelback frame. What mfg./year hub is the 3 speed?

Hi ej, it's a sachs, not the greatest, but what I had to hand................

Al, I stuck them both in the post, hope they get to you ok.................. 8)

Back