FRIENDLY REMINDER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Just a reminder that we have the "OTHER BIKES" section that's meant for road bikes,
single speed, fixie, mountain bikes, BMX, touring bikes, etc.

The main "BIKE GALLERY" is meant for Rat Rod cruiser style bikes.

If there is any confusion....

Rat Rod Bikes
IMG_0013Cx5-1.jpg

DSC_0002-1.jpg

32421radio_bike3.JPG

007-2.jpg

Not So Much
fixie_side.jpg

blue1.JPG

bmx1.jpg

lr001-1.jpg

New_Trek_5200_complete_Road_Bike.jpg

Thanks for keeping it organized! :D

To be honest, the definitions can be confusing. I wasn't aware of any place on the website that actually defined the kind of bike it was intended to be about.

The term "rat rod" as applied to cars implies, to me, something that isn't a slick professional-looking chrome+40 coats of lacquer hot rod. Looking at the bikes on the website here, I see some that fall into that category, but then again, quite a few that are very slick and professional looking.

By the way, that first bike, I would have called that a Lowrider bike.

StephenH said:
By the way, that first bike, I would have called that a Lowrider bike.
Ooooh you just stabbed him in the heart ,saying his all time favorite bike is a low rider and not a rat. he he he

Yall are funny. :D

Okay...I'll see if I can explain this a bit further.

I'd say that the site is geared towards Rat Rod bikes and Hot Rod bikes. Basically taking classic cruiser style/balloon tired bikes and making them look cool and ridable. Do they all have to be rusty?...NO. Do they all have to have red wheels and white walls?...NO. Basically just trying to capture the essence of classic hot rodding in bike form. I would have purchased hotrodbikes.com, but the domain was taken....and yes I know about the other options of .net, .us. org, etc. :lol:

Most everyone here appreciates all shapes and styles of bikes so we don't get too strict about defining things. We start running into trouble when people think a basic fixed gear or road bike is a rat rod because you run red bar tape. :D

Some do cross the lines of what to call them,but the people here are so talented at what they do I'm not sure it really makes too much differance. Some bikes I like ,some I dont ,but we all share a desire to produce something differant with some pipe ,two wheels and a chain. It just dosen't get any better than this ,and we are all addicted. :lol:

Uncle Stretch said:
...we all share a desire to produce something differant with some pipe ,two wheels and a chain. It just dosen't get any better than this ,and we are all addicted. :lol:

Couldn't have put that better myself.

Back