freebie from a thrift shop

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I stopped at a thrift store on my way back from VA 2 days ago] I was down there buying a old BMW to restore. (I always stop and look for bikes)..there wasn't anything I was interested in ,and one of the employees told me he had one out back he wasnt going to sell...it was a dyno glide beach cruiser in poor condition. Seat was trashed, had a rusty set of apes on it and the paint was chalky, everything was rusty. I offered money for it, told them t was actually a decent bike......but they wouldnt take it......so i bought some stuff there instead....anyway..took it home and used a retro seat, that i had on the shelf, and robbed the handlebars and stem off a walmart bike, cleaned the chrome as best as I could and compounded and waxed the paint.....the redline tires cleaned up real nice too.......I think it was supposed tohave a springer at 1 time. weird thing was, it had a set of dyno fenders on it, but they were purple.......it looks way better without them......so heres a few pics after 3 hours of cleaning.......sorry I didnt get any before pics, but trust me, it looked awful.......the white was orange from rust stains..........anyway........just wanted to share..................
101.jpg

looks like they came off your bike..........I would rather trade them for parts than money.....got anything interesting? any large cruiser bars like on yours? ill get a pic of them later

i understand. the struts are rusty, and the dings need fixing....so that and a fresh coat of black and they would be good enough for mine, but they really arent useable as is.....

Back