Free recumbent

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
friend dropped this off today. He found it discarded.

4109657830_d7e969599f_b.jpg

4108899341_f5776ef8f6_b.jpg

4109659296_d2ee2e370c_b.jpg

4108896411_953cb1a220_b.jpg

4109662198_71507abf7a_b.jpg

Good ideas all. Not sure what I'm going to do with it, other than just get it rideable for now. Would be a fun pub cruiser I suppose. Skip's going to borrow it and let his Dad ride it soon as it's ready.

NICE BIKE!....Make sure Skip just doesn't turn his Dad loose on it. They're very comfortable bikes. BUT, there is a slight "learning" curve on riding one for the first couple of times. They take a little getting used, especially taking off from a stop. The key is to get it moving "quickly".........A nice way to start is have him take off from a slight decline. Maybe a driveway? A little practice and he'll be a pro ( a comfortable pro).

That is a nice bike. I have a few 'bents around plus the tall bikes and the swing bikes. Yours with the under seat steering and that crazy rake.......scares me :shock: It doesn't make it a bad bike, I like it...................... it just scares me.................. :shock:

GL

Graylock said:
That is a nice bike. I have a few 'bents around plus the tall bikes and the swing bikes. Yours with the under seat stearing and that crazy rake.......scares me :shock: It doesn't make it a bad bike, I like it...................... it just scares me.................. :shock:

GL
If it scares Graylock........I say trash it! His bikes make me peepee my pants. SO, if he's "ascared" dump it.

Exactly, I cannot believe any recumbant would be tossed, they are quite pricey, even if your not into them, heck not much to fixin that one up and flippin it to someone that might actually want to ride it.

just sitting on it is scary. I imagine KOTA is right, and it's tricky to ride.

Getting my 2001 Bike E for 100 bucks was a steal, it was 600 new, and considered a low price recumbent. It's easier to learn on because your feet are lower than your seat, like your bike is. It also looks like you could add a stem and apes pretty easily by changing out the top nut on the forks and taking off the underseat linkage. You would need some long brake cables. My bike has a combo rear sachs hub also, 7 x 3, no drum brake but being able to drop into a low gear while stopped is a big plus. It definately is a comfortable ride once you get the hang of it.

I always say "People throw away the nicest things". friend of mine got a side by side recumbent for free, each rear wheel hasa 7 speed nexus hub. weird rig, he's trying to electrify it.

I pickd up a cheap sort of homemade recumbant while ago. It ain't too hard to learn. I had to buy two chains and put them together, though.

Latest posts

Back