Free is GOOD! Kuwahara Tall Road Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came across this sitting in a friend's alley a few weeks back, thought I'd post it.

DSCN3112.jpg

DSCN3111.jpg

DSCN3109.jpg

It's for sale if anyone is interested.

The computer actually will not be sold w/the bike. I have a 1980s GPV that had the exact same setup, but was missing the computer...what are the odds??

What size is the frame? It's probably too big for me but what the hey, it can't hurt to ask :D

I've been looking for something like that locally but no luck so far.

-Mp

If you can help me figure out the size, that would be great. I know next to nothing about road bikes and there are no measurement markings.

HutchXL24 said:
If you can help me figure out the size, that would be great. I know next to nothing about road bikes and there are no measurement markings.

Measure from the Center of the Cranks ( where the Crank Bolt is...up the seat tube....
to the center of the Top Tube , where it intersects the seat tube...

so, center of Crank..directly up the seat tube...and make your measurment point at the center of the Top tube.

That Bike looks like it's a 24 or a 25 Inch..
58 Centemeters..

Clothespin n said:
HutchXL24 said:

Measure from the Center of the Cranks ( where the Crank Bolt is...up the seat tube....
to the center of the Top Tube , where it intersects the seat tube...

so, center of Crank..directly up the seat tube...and make your measurment point at the center of the Top tube.

That Bike looks like it's a 24 or a 25 Inch..
58 Centemeters..

^^^^ what he said :D

The other important measurement for sizing up a road bike frame is the top tube length. It's the same method as measuring the seat tube except that you measure along the top tube from the centerline of the seat tube to the centerline of the headtube.

framedims2nh6.png

And as always, the late great (and sadly missed) Sheldon Brown has the answers:

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/frame-sizing.html

-Mp

Thanks for posting the measurements. Unfortunately its WAY too tall for me, otherwise I'd be making an offer for it.

-Mp

Back