Free Bike Junk for Newbies

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed a few folks on here lately asking for pretty common stuff like axle parts, pedals...pretty plentiful stuff for some of us.

I can throw togehter at least two "grab boxes" of junk (and by that I mean pretty decent junk) with a variety of stuff to get some bikes rolling in time for spring.

If you are "new" to the hobby or live in a "challenged" area for finding stuff, shoot me a line and you pay the shipping on a kit of old bike parts.

I'm going to just say $12 and if it's misquoted, I'll square up with you. (I doubt it wil be less than $12)

To the lower 48, otherwise, send your address and I'll figure it out. (Canada, etc)

2 kits for now, we'll see how it goes. Hopefully we can see someother pakrats extend this same offer. :wink:

YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! i think this is the best thread!!!! i was strippin a mt bike a lady gave me today and i found myself stashing certain nuts and bolts thinking "i could use these"....... also found myself wishing i had certain other parts still layin around tho.... bearing races, and cups.... chain tool was needed bad today, lol i ended up using two pairs of pliers to bend it till it broke!!!!!!! i think i still have a locker full of old bmx parts at my parents, im gonna have to see...... i started fillin up a tub today!

Shoot Gimpy, I just made this last week. I was wondering if I could make money off it?
0216081612.jpg

Bump for a great idea. I took a bunch of bikes I didn't want to a Recyclery program in Chapel Hill years ago. I recently let some go to scrap metal yard to free up some space in my backyard. I wish I had stripped more parts before letting some of those go.

If youse guys know folks that need Schwinn headset/ BB bearings, I have a few extra sets, NOT TO BE HOARDED, but genuinely utilized and given a 2nd chance to R I D E !!!! [email protected], please state yer from RRB or I'll throw your e-mail in the spamcan.

Merc

66olds98 said:
Shoot Gimpy, I just made this last week. I was wondering if I could make money off it?
0216081612.jpg

woah....... what the heck is that thing and what do you do with it?!!!?

You said
chain tool was needed bad today, lol i ended up using two pairs of pliers to bend it till it broke!!!!!!!

I guess by your response, you meant a chain breaker to push the pins. This is a chain whip. holds the cassette or some freewheels while you loosen it.

66olds98 said:
You said
chain tool was needed bad today, lol i ended up using two pairs of pliers to bend it till it broke!!!!!!!

I guess by your response, you meant a chain breaker to push the pins. This is a chain whip. holds the cassette or some freewheels while you loosen it.

oh oh oh oh oh......... yeah, now i recognize it.... my lbs has one very similar.... and yeah i DID mean chain breaker.... i may bave to make one of those tho!!!

I think this is a wonderful idea, Kudos, Skoda :)

When I was first getting into fixing up bikes last fall there was a guy I bought an old english single speed off of, whom I had met through CL. I ended up seeing him around at the bike shop, at a cyclocross race, etc, and kept in touch. When he was about to move out of town he sent me an email saying "I've got a box of parts and some extra wheels that you can have, I don't want to have to pack them to move, come pick them up."

The box was full of treasures, and half of the parts have already gone into fixing up old bikes. Good deeds like this make the world go round. :D

Latest posts

Back