Freak Bike Nation - putting down roots

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Many of us within the FBM chapters (collectively known as the Freak bike Nation) have discussed what was it we were trying do and how our promoting was difficult with out a centralized line of material to hand out. Our scattered approach didn't help us look very legitimate or believable. A typical conversation with an outsider gets them pretty confused when the group is one name, hangs out in a forum with another name and to contact us you email a third. I have seen their eyes glaze over and you lose a potential new rider.

Freak Bikers don't limit ourselves to one type right? The term 'Freak Bike' is an unknown. Calling what ever it is you ride a freak bike has gotten more interest in our experience. You get to explain the story and the types of bike we all build. Kenny's green monster sure wasn't a typical bike. I don't mean any of this in a bad way - not at all. I will still hang out and post on this site too. We feel we are growing up and it might be time to get a place of our own. There had been some concern as to if we should "stop renting and buy a house" if that analogy makes sense.

It's just that we talked about it at the Can-Am, What could we do to smooth out the process for us and for anyone remotely interested in thing little thing of ours. The best way we came up with is to start our own Freak Bike Nation website and forum. We took into account the many different chapters and how they all have names derivative of their locations. All of us under one name can become the Nation of Freak Bike. Any of us wanting to spread the word can now simply say "check out freakbikenation.com" and BOOM, people will know where to go. Those of us that are out there spreading the gospel have email addresses ending in that domain making it simple to remember and write down or have printed on whatever. This certainly doesn't mean we are going to stop promoting this site or any other we like. They will all still be in our flyers that Giggles has done so well. We know this doesn't have much to do with the people on this site (not too many as whacko as us-haha), but we just wanted to put it out there.

I hope it's cool that I add this site in the Links page (?)

So here is the official announcement of the start of a new era. http://www.freakbikenation. com and it's forum are up and running. There might be a few kinks to work out, but come on over and try us out. I am going to set it up that after 100 posts you get an email with the domain. We don't plan on making a living off the site. We only want to control our own destiny. Our merchandise sales will fund this for a while, but sponsors are always appreciated.

Peace and freakyness forever

Hey Budz,
make sure you check out http://www.mopedarmy.com -they do a similar type of set up like you are trying. One big umbrella group -moped army, that has several localized branches like, the decepticons, peddy cash, etc...
you may get some ideas from the way their site is setup...
-tom

Back