FrankenSickle Intro

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I'm new to bike building, my wife actually is the blame for this now new obsession. She wanted a cool cruiser so she could go ride with her girl friends on a local once a month bar hoppin' booze cruze. So I bought her a 1995 100th anniversary Schwinn Classic Cruiser with the Springer Fork, It's Black frame with red accent decals & chrome fenders, handle bars and forks. She wants a complete re-spray on the frame in HotRod Flatz Black and she likes the Electra Leopard print seat, seat bag & grips, she already put (Stolen off my bike) an Electra bell on it. LoL! Which brings me to mine.... my 2nd craigslist bike purchase (a Lemon) Huffy Cranbrook. It was supose to be brand new never ridden yada yada, which turned out to be a big POS! I think this dude rode it once jumped it off a cliff & then put it on craigslist. The rims are bent & has rear hub noise other than that its perfect...LOL... I really like the colors its the royal blue & off white fender.... so far all I have done is peel all stickers off & flip handle bars up... Next gonna try to find another bike for a wheel set, remove fenders, get a springer fork.... i like the look of the 29er front wheel & 26" rear, nana seat and ape hangers. Will a 29er front will fit a 26" front fork? I will add some pic's here in a bit.

The wifes, way it looked the day I picked it up... I need to take some more pictures now that shes all polished & cleaned up with new Schwinn seat & new inner tubes & pulled off foam padding off handle bars.

side.jpg

front.jpg

rear.jpg

springer.jpg

Henry is oh so right I started with 1 an now I have 6 or 7 frames 10 to 12 wheelsets 3 projects going on at once it an adiction welcome to the madness 8)

Hey,
I finally took some pictures of my Huffy Cranbrook today.... I picked up the donor ladies 1985 Schwinn Cruiser, So i started cuttin' & fittin'. It had Richey Handle bars & grips, so I swapped the handle bars & grips & forks over, I had to cut the threaded Steering rod shorter so the Schwinn forks fit the Huffy shorter neck, didnt want to use spacers. I also swapped over the crank set and wheel set... I do want to get the Ichi front springer fork though. Anyways it rides really good. Oh yeah.... my 3yr old like to ride and i was to lazy to take the child seat off for pic's, but i'll take some with out it after i clean & polish everything. :D

mine.jpg

front-view.jpg

sprocket.jpg

Back