FrankenHiggins is FrankenFinished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went looking for some material to make a tank out of today. Came up with this:
001.JPG

Made this:
004.JPG

If you ever looked at the bottom of an old microwave, there are all kinds of cool louvers that could end up on a bike project.
002.JPG

Super idea! Wish I would have known this a month ago when the college students were leaving there crap in the lane for the Summer.

Last edited:
This package came the other day from Fullblast. Mesinger B-70-W saddle and fender parts.
013.JPG

Saddle came with a stainless post, bonus. Saddle does have some issues.
010.JPG

Pulled off the tape, no front spring.
007.JPG

Someone had done some creative repair work in the past.
No spring, no problem. I found this old Schwinn approved Mesinger saddle on one of my "projects".
001.JPG

It had the spring that I needed.
002.JPG

003.JPG

Much better now.
Before:
018.JPG

After:
009.JPG

Nice work! Be great to see those louvers on your build...add a little rust...and BAM! Saddle looks good too.

The 'no fender look' has a tough, fast, get the h-e-double toothpicks out of my way! Just the guard and sprocket with the tires bare draws your eyes down and to the center....like right now!!

oh ! with the chainguard and fenders this thing looks sweet :113:!!

maybe it use to have a bolt-on mud-guard or a dropstand at the back ?

Nice job on this bike HM Shweeeet
looks tough. love the seatpost and of course the chainguard.
well, the whole thing actually.
you are inventive, I don't totally agree that you never have come up with an original idea...:happy:

can't wait to see that tank after you work it. good form work.:thumbsup:
against the tide here.., but I like it with no fenders...that front fender is just so chunky....worried it might take away from the look of the triple tree and the tank once installed.

Nice job on this bike HM Shweeeet
looks tough. love the seatpost and of course the chainguard.
well, the whole thing actually.
you are inventive, I don't totally agree that you never have come up with an original idea...:happy:

can't wait to see that tank after you work it. good form work.:thumbsup:
against the tide here.., but I like it with no fenders...that front fender is just so chunky....worried it might take away from the look of the triple tree and the tank once installed.
Thanks.
You know what they say, "More is more". We'll have to just wait and see how it all works together. The tank is a long way from a done deal right now. Wish me luck.

Tough sledding this week. Working 12 hour days. Finally a day off today. Worked out bugs on my fork/headset. Had it apart about 10 times. Finally where I want it. Now just need to take apart one more time to paint it.
Also did the same thing on my crank/sprocket/chainguard. Took it apart almost as many times as my fork. Got all of that sitting the way I want it.
I'm back to the black bars, since the stem that I ordered came in for 7/8" clamp dia. instead of the 1" that it was supposed to. I am done fooling with it. It is what it is.
I decided that I would ride down to a local car show tomorrow. The last time I rode a bike to their car show, I was asked to leave because my ratty bike made those late model Mustang owners nervous, I guess. Anyway, I dressed up a little for the holiday:
066.JPG

067.JPG

068.JPG

Latest posts

Back