frame material?? german frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinkin about buying a frame from a forum member and don't want to buy something I cannot use. So does anyone know what this frame is made of? Some sort of steel that I can mig weld and it will hold up? Or is it some sort of other material that isn't able to be mig welded.

camera-gate051.jpg

must be some sort of steel then!

also, I want to run a new spring fork, how can i tell which will fit? I want to run a 20 or 24 inch front wheel and 20 inch rear wheel. I guess I need to know what will fit in the steering hole, or neck I guess I could call it.

I think that means it's steel. I think they determine unknown metals by grinding on it and using a reference to the color of the sparks. if you want to get all technical. but it is most likely steel unless they were experimenting with some exotic metal like beryllium

Retro:Bump said:
must be some sort of steel then!

also, I want to run a new spring fork, how can i tell which will fit? I want to run a 20 or 24 inch front wheel and 20 inch rear wheel. I guess I need to know what will fit in the steering hole, or neck I guess I could call it.

I think it originally had 24" wheels
i have the original fork for it too

Alright, I just didn't know with my cutting the frame a bit where I would stand on wheel size. I am going to have a lot of questions on what will fit and what wont! Hope yall don't mind!

Retro:Bump said:
Alright, I just didn't know with my cutting the frame a bit where I would stand on wheel size. I am going to have a lot of questions on what will fit and what wont! Hope yall don't mind!
I dont care, i just want the frame gone..i need room

Latest posts

Back