Found a Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at a locally for sale Schwinn. Does anyone have any idea what model it is. The owner knows its a 1965 but doesn't know the model.

aefd8307-3817-b449.jpg

It has tabs for a tank I believe.
aefd8307-39f5-065b.jpg

aefd8307-3a2e-c803.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

CRASH said:
Not at all. Depending on your plans for it, you could easily make those $40 back by parting it out.
That's what I like to hear! ! Im planning on keeping it though. :grin:

Re: Found a Schwinn Jaguar

Went and picked it up. I want to get a tank for it. Im not sure what else to do to it. Clean it up for sure.
aefd8307-97de-39d2.jpg

aefd8307-9795-8c26.jpg

aefd8307-9872-c689.jpg
]
aefd8307-97ac-d6d0.jpg

Outlaw90 said:
Im almost positive thats a Jaguar and you got a great deal for 40 bux. clean it up get the tank and thats would be even cooler
That's the idea! The chainguard says mark 3 I believe.

Definatly a Jaguar, and it helps me even be more sure that my recent find of 56' Schwinn is a Corvette cuz I don't have those tank mounts nor do I have the rear carrier, but there is still the headset mounting piece for the front carrier. Definatly worth at least $40 and except for the tank, looks to be all there. Personally, I wouldnt part it out, but if you do... PM me about the front carrier and chainguard. A sweet find in raelly cool condition, I would haveallready bought it.

The difference between the Jaguar and the Corvette was the lack of rear carrier and tank on the Vette. The Jag was one of the top models. I put a Nexus 3speed drivetrain on my 56' Vette to make an honest bike out of it and havent looked back since. Good luck! 8)

roadmaster said:
Definatly a Jaguar, and it helps me even be more sure that my recent find of 56' Schwinn is a Corvette cuz I don't have those tank mounts nor do I have the rear carrier, but there is still the headset mounting piece for the front carrier. Definatly worth at least $40 and except for the tank, looks to be all there. Personally, I wouldnt part it out, but if you do... PM me about the front carrier and chainguard. A sweet find in raelly cool condition, I would haveallready bought it.

The difference between the Jaguar and the Corvette was the lack of rear carrier and tank on the Vette. The Jag was one of the top models. I put a Nexus 3speed drivetrain on my 56' Vette to make an honest bike out of it and havent looked back since. Good luck! 8)
Good info to know. Thanks! I think i'll keep it and enjoy it.

Back