Fork opinion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fwd: by slinginrods, on Flickr. I'm thinking of swapping the blade fork for a tubular curved fork to beef up the front.whatcha think?

Lugisland said:
I think a tube fork wouldn't look as good... In my opinion, if your not jumping off tabletops that blade fork will take any street abuse you throw at it. Beautiful bike! :D
Agreed

Ok,but it's not a Bmx fork,it looks like a works man fork.i really like the stock fork too.thanks

Like this ? I can dig it :)

125535.jpg

The thing ccr put up looks like a wald fork to me. It is probably stronger than your current fork, but are you doing any riding that would require added strength? I think the fork you're running now looks like original equipment and goes well with the build. Of course, I don't think I have any cruisers with their stock fork anymore, with the exception of my worksman truck-bike. It's your bike; do what you like, but keep the stock fork around, just in case.

-rob

PS- I have a few spare worksman forks lying around. Overbuilt, which is good, but they're really heavy.

if you were looking for a nice rigid fork theres the surly 1x1, the model without disc tabs isnt too expensive.

i would have to agree with Onewheelsqueel.
However your bike has enough straight lines that it wouldn't look as bad as it would if it was on a cantilever style frame

I'm stayin with the original.i like it too much to change it.thanks for the feed back.

Already added the truss rods.i was thinking they would look kinda cool with the tube fork.i made a plate for the frame where the tank goes, just can't decide if I like it.

Latest posts

Back