Forget stocks and bonds, buy early stingrays!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0332281786
It didn't even meet the reserve :shock: Seems like 63-65 Stingrays are instant goldmines, probably a safer investment than the stock market or banks these days. What the heck do you even do with a $7500+ Stingray? Someone must have an awfully big curio cabinet.

Oh come on guys .75 thats pocket change. OH wait a minute thats 7500.00 dallars sorry just a misunderstanding :oops: I dont think my pocket will stretch that far.DOH

"Forget stocks and bonds, buy early stingrays!"

I have to say that I whole heartedly agree with the title :lol: , but...

...not at 7500! What makes that stingray so special? You know what, I'm thinking that my recently aquired orange krate is worth 8,000! :lol: :shock:

The early rays are the most valuable because they were offered in cool colors/options that the later stingrays never had. Personally, I would rather build a replica of an early ray for thousands less. At least that way you can ride the darn thing and not worry about putting an insurance policy on it.

i always liked the reverse screen deluxe chainguards, wish they would have made them past 65

thats why custom is better :D

It's odd. Despite the economic turmoil and uncertainty we see today, and knowing personally of several people who've lost their jobs, I have also seen an usually high number of insanely high asking prices for vintage bikes. Not just high prices, but "Ya gotta be kidding me" high prices, which would even be unrealistic in better times.

If I had unlimited finance I would rather buy this 3.999$ prewar Alexander Rocket

207129887_tp.jpg

or this 5.250$ 1938 Monarch Silver King Wingbar or both :roll:

207108149_tp.jpg

I don't know if I would appreciate to have I bike in a showcase.

I prefer this BSA Paratrooper folding frame sold 328$, more things to do with it...

f9c4_1.JPG

That auction had about zero percent to do with actual market conditions. Those were all shill bidder accounts running up the price. Check out the bid history on that auction. You can click on each user name, even though it's ***'d out, and it will tell you "bid activity (%) with this seller" ... Several of the top bidders are at 100%, which means that they have only ever bid on auctions from this seller, the rest are all very high percentages except for one or two in the lower $ range. This guy either gets all his buddies to bid or has multiple accounts to run up the prices on his auctions, or both.

I'm guessing that the next step is for the seller to repost the auction with a $3000 reserve and the winner will feel like they saved $4500.00.

Latest posts

Back