Ford 8N Pedal Tractor - For Sale ???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My nephew gave this to my daughter today. he got it from a friend who was cleanig out their garage. They just gave it to him for free because it was broken. The chain had just fallen off the gear and it needed a new bolt for the seat pan... so after about 6 minutes of intensive repairs and $1.13 in hardware, It's good as new.

I don't know too much about these tractors, but the best i can tell, this one goes for about $240 new. I can't seem to find this exact one online. None of the ones i find have any of the detail painted in the engine area and they all have black seats instead of red and the wheels are gray instead of the off white on this one. If I had to guess, i would say it is less than 5 years old.

3395251693_b161e977fe_b.jpg

Re: Ford 8N Pedal Tractor

gets some video of it being ridden!! cool tractor

I found the brand and date on the sticker on the dash. It is made by Golden Wheel and it says Copyright 2005. But when I pull up their 2005 catolog, the tractor is slightly different. it drives me nuts when i can't find reference to the exact item. I know it doesn't mean anything, but I still like to find it...
79603-4-5_r2_c1.jpg

79603-4-5_r3_c1.jpg

79603-4-5_r4_c1.jpg

79603-4-5_r5_c1.jpg

That needs the electric motor set up out of a Power Wheels..For get those pedals.. :wink:
That little tractor is cool..someone is gonna have fun.. :D

Well, I work at a Ford/New Holland tractor dealership, and we sell those, but I'm very confused... Ours are made by Ertl, and ARE officially licensed by New Holland, who bought Ford Tractor in 1987... So I don't know why this golden wheels company can say they are official licensed by Ford Tractor, since there is no Ford Tractor to 'Officially' license a product... By the way we sell ours brand new for 189.00, so you got a good deal. So, does yours have a metal or plastic seat? Also, Ertl has been the only one licensed by Ford or New Holland to make official pedal tractors for about 35 years... At least the only company to be authorized to be sold at the dealer... And ours don't have engine details...

I am thinking about selling this and using the funds to go towards my daughter's first two wheeler ( with training wheels)

What do you think is a fair price to list it at? All of the ones I have found with the engine details painted go for at leat $230 online. and it looks like you can get ones without the detail for about $170. Shipping would have to be added to any of these too. I am hoping to sell it locally on Craigslist.

that's cool as heck.

hook it up to a drag sled and see how far she can pull it.

It always blows my mind when I see these things for sale, and the money they bring in... I know that an older one(from 1980... not really vintage in my book, but old) sat around at an antique shop in my town, which has more antique shops than any other city in Washington, for about a year, and they wanted 200, and it was still there when I moved. An old murray brand pedal tractor,on the ither hand, from the 6os with a lot of patina sold rather quickly for $275 in the same shop. So, since yours isn't a vintage pedal tractor, I would say that in my opinion, somewhere between $150 and $180 would be a fair price, especially since at my tractor dealership I sell those for $175, without the engine detailing, brand new. I've seen them go on craigslist for $125-$160. Just my opinion. Any way you cut it, good luck! I'm sure the two wheeler that the proceeds will buy will be much loved, and on a more long term basis, as these pedal tractors are quickly outgrown!

Back