For Ruby...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What's up fellas? Finally decided to officially enter the b-o. Didn't wanna start posting, then peeter out, ya know. But it's been a smooth progression, so it'll be seen through. First build, and it's been a lot of fun. A little frustration, but nothing that a little wd-40, or a saw couldn't take care of. Started with the intent of just building something nice to roll around town with friends. When I saw that there was a build, it gave me a lil push start; while not ever fully committing myself to the deadline. Anywayz, I'm almost done. Just need to finish the oak panel i'm workin on. Waiting for some pedals to show up too. Like I said, I wasn't sure if I was gonna enter, so my progress pics have just been kinda haphazard. Hope you likey! Oh- the name is in honor of my dog/friend I lost last year. Heres how it started..
DSC01238-1.jpg
Western Flyer Grand Trophy lookin for a make over
DSC01277.jpg
After a little stripper (I eventually went over it with steel brush cups)
DSC01284.jpg
Got me some Red Bricks
DSC01285.jpg
Got this on a trip with Benz out to Seguin from a really cool guy named Eric-it had the chain ring I wanted
DSC01294.jpg
...this too. Maybe Elgin?
DSC01301.jpg
Red oxide primer
DSC01311.jpg
Then some 'metallic caramel'
DSC01315.jpg
Mock up...Also got some cork grips. Forgot to mention- Benz and I chopped the seat post and handlebars. And I'd already stripped the seat. It's been on a few tours already.
DSC01316.jpg
And the next project.More to come.

Thats some fine looking wood you got there. :D Congrats on the progress man, looking good.

ratina said:
Ps. did you know the fork is bent back??
It does have a funny bend to it now that you mention it. It checks out parallel from the front, but gonna push em back. I dig it :lol:

Alright, the panels done, just need to clear it.
DSC01317.jpg
The left side. Put a little spin on the V.D. all seeing eye. Just needs a lil touch up.
DSC01340-1.jpg
This is the right side. Once it's in, the lettering will be almost horizontal, I think it gives it a nice look... First time gold leafing too, so go easy on me :wink: - I left that gap cuz the cantilever cuts through.

Mikey, that came out so nice. Gonna lok awesome when it's all together, way to go on your first build.

herr_rudolf said:
Cool!
I still have to come up with an idea for my tankplate.
Hmmm.. what about using some of the same metal you used for the fenders? Either way, your bikes lookin pretty slick already. :)

Latest posts

Back