For Mom (Belated Mothers Day Build) FINISHED!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got off to a late start, but decided for this mothers day, I would build my mom a bike.
She's been saying for a while she wants to start exercising and riding a bike again, and almost bought one from Wal*Mart, but I said NO! Let me build you one!
I have a slew of parts collecting dust in my garage. Old bikes that I purchased at estate sales, and auctions, I just never got around to doing anything with, until now.

I thought it would be fun to keep a photo journal here and maybe bounce some Ideas off everyone.

This is what i'm starting out with.
(pay no attention to the mess in my garage, it's an absolute disaster zone in there right now!)

IMG_1272.jpg

IMG_1273.jpg

Re: For Mom (Belated Mothers Day Build)

Stripped the bike down today, it's a little rougher than it looked...

IMG_1279.jpg

The housing for the crank was bone dry, no wonder it was hard to pedal.
IMG_1280.jpg

looks pretty dang clea to me. :wink: should be about 10x cooler than any walmart bike. my mom has the coolest Target bike there is nd i still hate it :roll:

Parts are starting to come together, I'll post some pics when i start mocking it up! :mrgreen:

Sorry I'm so bad at posting pictures. I get so caught up in the build, I forget to document it. anywhoo, its all done now!

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1360.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

Hope she likes it!

wow thats very nice ..im sure she will dig it !! .i gettin ready 2 redo a workmans trike in the same colors ...father n law is a alis chalmers (sp) freak ...should be cool !!!

Great job im sure shes stoked even if its a little late! :mrgreen:

Looks great! I'm jealous of your missile tank and rear rack, I wish mine had those.
Awesome pin stripping too, is that sticker or paint?
Funny thing is we almost chose a cream color to do ours in also.

volkswagner said:
Looks great! I'm jealous of your missile tank and rear rack, I wish mine had those.
Awesome pin stripping too, is that sticker or paint?
Funny thing is we almost chose a cream color to do ours in also.

My pin-striping skills are a bit lacking these days. I used Pinstripe tape!

Latest posts

Back