"For Ape Hangers Only" Club

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really like the simplicity of it. I go crazy for the 1937-41 Elgins, they're just so rad. Good job on this one man.

-J Wolf
Thanks for the comments. I really like it simple, too. I still have the original fenders but like it better without them. I may change my mind once I get all the old gray paint off of them and they are chrome again.

Thanks for the comments. I really like it simple, too. I still have the original fenders but like it better without them. I may change my mind once I get all the old gray paint off of them and they are chrome again.
If you stripped the fenders down to raw metal it would be killer. I've done that on a few bikes to dodge the high price of chrome plating, it also goes well with a frame with some age to paint.

So someone painted right on top of the chrome?

-J Wolf

If you stripped the fenders down to raw metal it would be killer. I've done that on a few bikes to dodge the high price of chrome plating, it also goes well with a frame with some age to paint.

So someone painted right on top of the chrome?

-J Wolf

Sure did. Here's a shot of the fenders side by side with one mostly stripped.
d88f5f73f21b82bbcb79d199d3d6443f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting him young!! Playing with bars on my 4 year olds 16" bike. Started with the mini's then moved up to the full 25" apes. They made his arms tires on the bike but he liked them on the trike. The minis were on the trike until today, not its minis on his normal bike and 25" on the trike. Kid rolls with style.

Latest posts

Back