flying pegasus

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is a kustom frame that I had put together about a year ago and now have decided to finally finish
it off. the frame was around 85% complete then...all the welds smoothed off etc...only minor stuff to complete but
I've changed the feel of the bike now, because I had built another bike similar [same type of frame] already.
here it is mocked up...what acutally got me thinking.
mockup.jpg

before I started I removed a few bars that weren't needed anymore as plans had changed.
here is the new rear end for it that I have made up. It's using a monark springer front with kustom cut rear dropouts.
i had to fab up there mounting points to the frame but didn't want them to stand out too much either. I also added a chain
guard for the rear wheel sprocket that's part of the dropout.
fppic1.jpg

here's a close up of the springer mounting to the frame. i also made up some dome/bullet shaped nuts to finish it off.
fppic2.jpg

thats insane! love the rear springer...does it pull the springs instead of pusshing them?

thanks for the comments...the springer still pushes against the springs, like on the front.
i'm planning on using the worn-in brooks saddle i had lying around but changing the mounting. I don't
want to run the brooks base, it has too many bars/springs and sits too high.

umm... wow! my mouth literally dropped open when i saw that thing. awsome build def. keeping an eye on this one!

man id love to see this when its done! love the springer idea! hey my friends looking for some wheels and tires like that. whered you get them? :mrgreen:

because i removed some of the bar work that i had done previously on the frame
[in front of the rear wheel] i decided that it now looked a little empty...so i added
a doublt sprocket [that i found off of some older bikes lying around and bolted them
together]. mounted the bottom bracket to the frame.
fppic3.jpg

i then added another tube just behind the chainrings, to strengthen the frame a little.
fppic5.jpg

finally got a chance to continue with some work on the bike. i had to work out the rear end of the seat mount.
and after thinking about it too long i finally came up with something. it seems to work and sit well with the bike.
fprearseatmount.jpg

fpseatmount.jpg

the rear shot shows how the mounting tube flows with the bike.

the next thing i wanted to finish up was the mounting of the front forks...to get everything sitting right.
so i changed the angle of the head tube to suit the Monark forks that where left over from the rear suspension.
fpheadtube.jpg

i also wanted to add some tubes to the forks to chunk them up a little, also wanting to add some springs to match the rear.
fpforksextention.jpg

fpheadstem.jpg

fpforksfront.jpg

i now have to change the frame bars that where contected to the head tube...not sure about them yet?
also had to widen the Monark forks, kick them out and back in again so i can fit the front 3" tire

ok... there are two reasons why i keep checking this forum. 1). to see if there is anything boardtrack related. 2). to see if you've updated any threads or started a new thread!!! :D :mrgreen:

i'm now thinking of using a Torrington deco handle bar stem to attatch the bars. but attatching them to the forks
[one either side] for two piece handle bars that will mount low board track style. also adding a touch of vintage class to the bike!
fphandlebarstems.jpg

i capped the top of the fork extentions with thread hanging out, 'cause i'm thinking of extending the spring mounting across
them. like a top cover? make sense?
fpsusptop.jpg

well......i gotta say........SWEET!! love the use of the stems for the bars(be warned though....those have a habit of breaking easily) and the springer and seat mounting are great :mrgreen:
gotta ask for a favor now..show some side pics please!

That bike is awesome!

Truly great work!

Man,I get more excited about progress on your bikes than my own.Amazing stuff. :mrgreen:

Back