Flying "O" Otasco Eliminator

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was given this bike yesterday, and I am curious. This bike can be modified by undoing the bolts on the seatpost tube and lowering the top bars down to the lower holes shown thus making the bike a girls bike (?) also the pedals are unreal small, and the seat is a piece of pressed metal! No cushion at all. The rear brake is a Bendix 70, and I am not sure that the wheels are original to the bike. The left crank is attached by means of a pin or screw (missing). There appears to be no threads on the crank or on the crank shaft, so I don't know how to reattach the crank. The right side is part of the shaft, so no help there. There are holes above the rear dropout for something (optional sissy bar?). Most of the time when I have seen a bike like this with a metal seat and the odd looking crank, they had solid rubber tires, and are not worth doing anything to. Is this bike something? Worth doing anything with, or should I just add it to the go away list? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

Cool little find, it's a convertible bike by Murray made for the Otasco stores (Oklahoma Tire and Supply Company) and the wheels look right for it but I don't know about the seat being original or not.

I think it's worth saving but I think of that about all bikes made by Murray and I think since it is an Otasco Flying O it is harder to find than a Sears Murry built bike.

Back