Flipping Cruiser Frame Upside Down...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for a new project. I had this frame and some pipe I bent just sitting around. I think I might go with this design. Time to do some cutting :D
3369832902_0a836205be.jpg

Re: Time for a new project...

Got some of the pipes cut. Starting to take some shape.
3369833350_11a7ac7814.jpg

Thinking about putting a metal plate. For now its just paper.
3369009243_d08ea3c04d.jpg

Where ya putting the BB?

And I like the way it sits!

The BB would look good on the down tube, where the old head tube was.
thumbsupsmiley.jpg

since its not welded, care to indulge me?

what would the bike look like if you flipped the frame right side up? stuffed the lower pipe you bent into the head tube (if it were possible/still there)

ie- head tube sitting practically on the floor? (similar to the original frame inside my custom stingray frame)
IMG_1642-2.jpg

front end would stay the same and the top bent pipe ending where the top of the seat post and frame cross. (just below the seat)

basicly just flip the rear end, and let the front (old head tube) hit the floor. just to try. :)

sorry i'm just not convinced bout the upside down frame.. :)

(to each there own, more power to ya!)

icyuod2, Thats the way this started off with the frame like you said. I like it that way but, I wanted to try something new. With the frame upside down, I'm getting that roll on the bottm that my I eye is looking for. Thanks for the info!

keep it real-

KC Designs said:
With the frame upside down I'm getting that roll on on the bottm that I eye is looking for.

And the line that gives to the bottom of the frame appeals to my eyes! :) Looking good! And in my personal preference, I like that you're using that kind of fork and not a triple tree. :)

got to admitt that side shot on the floor makes it look a heck of a lot nicer.

nevermind me. :)

Frame is coming along. I got it all welded up! Time for some more mocking and cutting and welding. :lol:

3380627278_26f2e99487.jpg

3380626216_63b2137c57.jpg

These are just mock up wheels, I'm going to order some new ones I think. Or if I find some I like I'll take them apart and paint them up. I'm going to go with black no matter what.

3379810593_93d4c69112.jpg

3380629480_8926f594fe.jpg

3380630634_59a6816e5f.jpg

Looks great, I like the lines and the stance! :) One question though, you'll be flipping the rear dropouts won't you?

To Galtbacken & Dman: Thanks for checking out the build.

Galtbacken, Yeah going to change the drop outs. I been working on some new ones that i'll use. There a bit more heavy duty and will be a pull back style. I'll post some pics soon.

Keep it real~

Back