"Fixing" Up the Dynasty-New car possible?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "Fixing" Up the dynasty.

Finally bought the inner bearing the other day. Gotta get time to replace it now.

The car was super filthy again...So I washed it.
Luigisland decided to tell me I need to de-grease my engine...Which I thought of doing. Im not done yet, but there is still a lot more to do..Didnt have much de-greaser...Gotta go pickup some simple green.

b83a2eab.jpg

People on girlfriends dirt roads passed me with no care...
I dont blame them, I was doing 6 MPH. They could at least slow down so they dont splash

66aac796.jpg

Took out the mat So it doesnt get wet, It needs cleaning anyways. out came a rats nest. I didnt think the car sat that long ever.

6efd9400.jpg

yes, Dirty and greasy. probably hasnt been cleaned since my grandpa.

70102d7a.jpg

Much better...But still have a lot to do...like i said.
3b9d06bd.jpg

7279687c.jpg

0ba5fd95.jpg

Outside flaws...Honestly, the rust isnt so bad other than where the rust goes up into the wheel well up front. It wont be too much work when we get to it.
c716336e.jpg

9b332c55.jpg

Need new bumpers, the chrome lines are going to be hard to find

7aa223be.jpg

7c8f00a2.jpg

7279ebf4.jpg

6a60c53e.jpg

Honestly, the car doesnt look too bad without the caps. Definatly needs chrome lugs and a Satin black refinish though. Waiting for my dad to re-do his

9dd5b900.jpg

Worst spot

a9a72662.jpg

knew this wouldnt work long

539b17e9.jpg

3b723bdd.jpg

6827ad3e.jpg

24b0ccd9.jpg

3dcccb8e.jpg

Gotta figure out how to replace this
15705099.jpg

Works, but i found something cooler.

Ever think of trashing Jennifer :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your excused :mrgreen: Take it easy Dingo :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: It was all in a good joke :wink:

maybe

I'm gonna slap you with a salamander :lol: :lol:

P.S. I stiil need my toy car package deal :wink:

It is built like a tank, it'd last at least 3 rounds at the crash derby..... :wink: :mrgreen:

My last Mopar rust bucket did like 90 in park. 8) :lol: Frankly, I'd be surprised if the insides of some panels aren't rusted worse than you may realize. It might be a good idea to paint some Rust reformer on rust that you can reach, make sure the door drains are open, and mechanically patch the holes from the inside to stabilize it until any actual body work happens. :|

Yeah, The rust is bad...Im being positive.

I dont plan on touching much anything until the car is parked, which it will be in a few months. I just got a job, so Im going to be able to pay for this darn thing now.

I'm wondering if you have a flat, where do you put the jack? I don't see anything solid enough under there to lift the car up! :shock: Meanwhile, I noticed an old man in a minty Dynasty the other day, thought Dingo'd be all over that! :lol: -Adam

Ordered some C-Pillar emblems online, Got them today. Look great. Having rear end problems again, Need to check everything for tight-ness...And then replace the bearing. Might go through and paint some stuff.

Having problems with my mother again, So again, not sure how much longer ill be living here. :roll:

Finally got to looking at the rear end. Back when I replaced the axle, one of the springs broke, so we replaced the springs with used (junkyard springs) from a Chrysler imperial. Those were a little bit lower. Same springs though.

One of the springs got out of shape, and slid off of the mounting cone a bit...
Also, The sway bar's bushing is gone...so a little noise.

I had one of them..with the 3.0 motor i think it was..it was a rocket.....we bought it with 40k and sold it with around 180k..still in good running shape......only thing was it had a lot of electric problems......after a few days of rain, the wipers and door locks would randomly act up......sometimes ya had to pull the fuse...........after a few dry days it would stop....it was kinda butt ugly, had that old spinster seating position, but i gotta admit..........it was a great car

Back