Fixed a Huffy MTB and wound up with a cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few weeks ago a big Buick pulled up with a bike hanging out the back of it. The owner asked if I fixed bikes since I have a "Wanted Bikes" sign out by the road in front of the house and that the LBS had closed for the day and he needed the bike for a trip that he was going on. All it really needed was a tube and for the brakes and derailluers to be adjusted so I told him that I could have it ready the next day for him.
Since it was a nice evening and there were a few cold ones left in the garage fridge I got right to it and had it done in short time. When he came back to pick up the bike he offered me a fifty, but I told him no charge and to have a nice trip. Several days later this was parked in the driveway with a note saying " I see that you like old bikes and this one has been under the porch of our cabin for years, it was my brothers way back when and he doesn't want it anymore. If you don't need it just set it at the curb."
I decided to go with an early BMX look and have swapped out most of the parts for heavier duty ones. Still need to come up with a color and get everything painted. Cheers.

DSC04907.jpg

DSC04908.jpg

DSC04909.jpg

Back