first trike build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
this is my girlfriend's autistic son on his new 24" trike. He likes it a lot, but it is impossible to bring it places, so I'm building him a 26" trike to leave at his friend's house so he can ride with the kids there. He knows it's going to be a rat, and while he hasn't really wrapped his brain around that concept, he likes the pictures he's seen so far.

3501103466_1eeaeeee34_b.jpg

with his pretty mom:

3698918828_4cb700f186_o.jpg

early mock up, to make sure all parts fit and line up. the conversion was purchased from this forum:

3761433803_52c8b8bfe0_b.jpg

the conversion back end will be flat black. frame will remain chrome (thanks Joe!) I will make a tank plate with his name on it, and I'll paint "Steady as she goes" on it (he's a rocker)

3761436811_a83187d457_b.jpg

the rear wheels were bought on this forum, they are Schwinn S-7s with 1-3/4" tires.

3761445381_3e6c744cdc_b.jpg

I will build a rear rack out of some old barn boards. The front rack was purchased from someone on this forum.

3761446985_ffdd19bf0b_b.jpg

I'm having fun with this. So much so, that I could see myself building one for me. I like the look.

Sounds like a great plan for a good kid.

That is an interesting trike setup. Find a set of rims and have some truly custom wheels on the trike. The possibilities.....2 speed kickback, fixie, or a 3spd Nexus.

Good Man.....Good Job!

Ian,

L@@KIN' G@@D! Let me know if you need any parts I could donate to a great kid for his Ratrike!

Joe

now that's a cool trike! really digg that frame!
and you're right, that handsome lad does have a pretty mom!
you're a lucky man! and good luck on your build, will def check back to see the progress on t his one fer sure....

That is looking so cool! I can't wait to see it finished! I just hope I can get my never ending trike project finished soon. ($ is tight at the moment). This built really shows just how useful this website can be! Much Kudos!

that was rusty513s trike end he had for sale on here a month or two ago. i was interested in it but ran outta cash. glad to see it got put to great use! :D :D looks sharp!

now thats something to smile about :) well done! thats a really cool thing to do man!!!!!!!!!

Back