First Timer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OneHorsePower said:
stoked said:
sooooooo lowwwwww
mabe too much , but you could use skatboard/longboard bushings and stack 2 or 3 , you can even choose the hardness
i have done this in the past , you can bend the bracket a little more and flip it upside down to fit at the right angle

YES thank you! Exactly what I needed! Just want to have that option to put on every once in a while.

Love the spray booth! That is awesome thinking!
Also, love the lowered front without the spring, would be good if you could keep it that low, but im guessing the pedals are pretty close to the ground if the front is that low?

stoked said:
These are the apes I'm after.
Screenshot2012-11-09at125305PM.png

Love these bars, I think I might have found the style of bar I will make for my Custom Caddilac bike! Gotta ask, where did that picture come from? Any chance of seeing the whole bike?

Luke.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm going to run springless only once in a while and maybe if I take it to some shows, I have to be riding perfectly straight so the pedals don't touch the ground!

I did some research on these bars and the closest we can get to those are made for motorcycles and are over $100. There are two guys on here that may fabricate them themselves but are a tad too pricey for me at the moment so I'm trying to figure out my next step. Maybe come spring I'll be ready to go that route.

The picture is a still from a video but for the life of me can't remember the video, something from YouTube. The frame it's from is a shot of about 20 choppers all lined up and parked in a parking lot, it's a sick shot, if I come across the video I'll post the link here.

stoked said:
I did some research on these bars and the closest we can get to those are made for motorcycles and are over $100. There are two guys on here that may fabricate them themselves but are a tad too pricey for me at the moment so I'm trying to figure out my next step. Maybe come spring I'll be ready to go that route.

The picture is a still from a video but for the life of me can't remember the video, something from YouTube. The frame it's from is a shot of about 20 choppers all lined up and parked in a parking lot, it's a sick shot, if I come across the video I'll post the link here.

Thanks, that would be great! $100 is a lot of cash for bars, nice bars though they may be... Gunna have to build my own I think... Shame you dont live in OZ, I could have made 2 at once...

Luke.

my first build was the same bike...i was going for same look as yours until i found my cwc frame

stoked said:
SylusMk2 said:
my first build was the same bike...i was going for same look as yours until i found my cwc frame

I'd love to see pictures!
396745_4916292905524_986034531_n.jpg

actualy went to a local flea market to get the springer fork (they have a bike shop inside) but ended up buying another bike entirely lol

Hope it works out for you! About to start working on the bars for mine soon, still undecided on design, love the look of the roth style, but not sure it will suit the Cadillac vibe...

Ah well...
Luke.

Back