FIRST THURSDAY OF EVERY MONTH!!!!!! NOVEMBER 5th

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FIRST THURSDAY OF EVERY MONTH!!!!!!AUGUST 6th

Can't wait untill the next ride! I forgot about last months ride and missed it, .... short term memory. I'll be sure to make ths one, sure it will be a blast.

Too early to tell if the weather will be good, but I am hoping for a great ride.... I am researching a route with as many downhills as possible so get your coaster brakes ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess your rim brakes as well. I might be on a new steed for this one.

BOSKIPPER has a new bike to fall off?

Yeah, I manage to crash every bike I own !!!!!!! I consider myself a crash artist. This new steed isn't quite a cruiser, however it still weighs more then my full suspension single speed!!!!

Did you figure out the all down hill route yet. lazy fat guys want to know. We need to stop at a bar this time too.

thatismytruck said:
Did you figure out the all down hill route yet. lazy fat guys want to know. We need to stop at a bar this time too.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...back up the truck here...

Are you saying last time there wasn't a bar stop?!?!?!? Well, that needs to change for sure. As somebody commented in Northampton: "You guys spend a lot more time standing around drinking and talking about bikes than you do actually riding them". Guilty. :D :mrgreen:

We carried and consumed whilst riding. It was fun!! I just want to add a stop at the bar next door to the shop!

BEER IS GOOD!!!!!! But it turns out it is cheaper from a package store than a bar. But I will grab a brew for the bar for sure. We actually have two bars within 20 steps or three pedals from the bike shop.

It turns out it is hard to find a route with very little climbing.. I am still trying, looking and searching local back roads to find the most effortless ones. I have found a few, including one downhill that turns into a cool gravel road !!! But I am sorry to report that no matter what there will be some climbing.

That's ok. I'm kidding more than anything. Exhaustion was not why I was so uncomfortable last time. I was still recovering from some minor surgery. I should be ok this time around. I'll have a different bike this time also. It's 3 speeds too though so I'll be ok.

None of us are riding new road bikes, and from what I've seen of the New England Rat Rad crew, well, let's just say the easier the ride the better. :mrgreen:

Guess I'll bring my Stingray and see if the tires hold out this time. :lol:

I am desparately working on a super secret ride, muha hahah ahahaahhh!

Hope to have it done in time and regardless i have room to throw two bikes in the van.

Time for sleep! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........................?

I'm bringing two bikes. A bud of mine might tag along.

Bo, any chance, If I get there early, you could true up a wheel for me?

bring the bike to work, i'll true it. well, after a few beers you'll think it's true anyway.

Ian,

Are you good at trueing/tensioning wheels? I need the set I build done and I have no idea how to make it right.

tensioning an newly laced wheel no, trueing an already existing wheel, yes.

Yeah Skip I can true up a wheel for ya. I have a few dead blow hammers, and other such implements for all that fine detail work !!!!!!!!!

looking forward to cruzin' the 53' tonight, I hope the weather holds out. Either way, wet or not, I'm sure it will be a rad ride. Hope to see some cool bikes out there tonight.

Back