First RatRod build advice

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I'm all geeked out and ready to go after building my first RatRod. Need just a little advice if you could help me out..

First, I'm going to buy a Huffy Cranbrook for the parts more than the bike.

I need advice on finding a frame that's got the same lines/feel as the Electra Rat Fink bike. I'm not sure where to go about getting a frame and I can't afford the Rat Fink bike off the shelf.. but I really don't want a shelf bike anyhow.

Soooo... with that in mind, can you recommend a dealer that sells frames that are reasonably priced that have that Rat Fink vibe? Also, I'm hoping to swap the Cranbrook parts over to the frame so that I can ride the bike while I'm building it up in stages. Any help would be appreciated.

I did not even know that bike existed. And from the looks of it , you could skip the cranbrook. For $110, it will make a great starter, and you will save the huffy money for cool parts to make it more your own style.

got mine for 92 and some change cause there was a scratch on the sticker and fork, "was" :mrgreen:

Thanks Snyder for that find. The lines are similar and I can picture it working out well in my head. On top of that, you managed to save me some extra money too!

Back