First rat build!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guys it took me some time and a lot of.... well lets just say not so nice words :p

I was able to find an old beat up bike from a friend and was able to use that as a donor. The bottom bracket was seized up on the donor so I bought a new one, along with the cranks and the chain. Other than that all other parts were from my garage. I originally had the bike about 8 inches longer, and it was a pain to ride and extremely hard to control. The last little bit I did to the bike was slide in the small ape handle bars and now she is a pleasure to ride. I am looking at trying to motorized the bike, hence the extra bracket under the seat. If I am able to re-route the chain a little lower I should be able to get the motor squeezed in there and running.

Can't say thanks enough to you guys here for the many pictures and the ideas. I know the welds look bad, but they are holding for now. My next bike should look better as I am getting better at welding. I don't mind to much about the welds as it is mostly a rat bike and not something nice and clean.

I do have the original rear wheel with the derailer...... possibly put that back on and use a suicide shifter of some kind to change gears if needed as well.

Thanks.

Looking more for an internal geared hub, suicide shifter, and a few small parts. Though ride it to work today, 2.2 miles, and she rode fine.

Very Cool! Definitely a Rat. I'm wondering if motorized might be a little scary though.

Very Cool! Definitely a Rat. I'm wondering if motorized might be a little scary though.
I agree.
I don't mind to much about the welds as it is mostly a rat bike and not something nice and clean.
With a motor the welds are far more critical. Those little motors create a lot of vibration. Be very cautious!

Yeah I know about the vibes. .have been riding one for a few summers now. I am planning on keeping this one just a pedal bike. We have a community clean up week coming up I plan on getting parts for. Plan on using motor on one of those.

Latest posts

Back