First old bike, Firestone,Rollfast

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure about the ID on this bike, I found a pic somewhere online that looked just like this, and it was listed as a 1959 Rollfast?
280573.jpg

280574.jpg

CHAZ

The sprocket looks like the one on my 57 Rollfast, as does the crank bearing cap.

Wildcat said:
The sprocket looks like the one on my 57 Rollfast, as does the crank bearing cap.

That bicycle would have been made by H.P. Snyder Co. for either Rollfast or Firestone (being re-badged and trimmed up differently by both). In your case, it was badged a Firestone and trimmed up with the Firestone decals, but the same bicycle could have been sold as a Rollfast. As for the year, I'd say that is very close, though I personally would have said more like '60 or '61 based on the graphics, but then again I don't know the Firestone 500's very well. Neat bike!

I guess the next question is should I cut it up or let it as is? I would love to try a stretch, but I don't want to cut up a bike that should just be restored as is.
CHAZ

deorman said:
I wouldn't do anything but clean one that old in that condition.

Agreed, personally I'd hate to see it get cut because of how nice it is to begin with.

Maybe I will sell that one and use the cash to buy something that it wouldn't be a shame to butcher? The other bike that I am working on is and old AMF Roadmaster that was my great grandfathers, so all I want to do is restore that one as well. Restoration is fun, but I really like the fabrication involved with customizing.
CHAZ

Please don't cut on that one. I've got the same bike but not as clean. That ones way too nice.

STAY AWAY from the POWER SAW!!!!....haha........WAYYY to sweet to hack up........beautiful lines already.....

Back