First mock-up of my "rad-tracker"..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey "neighbour" :lol: , like that rearlight ?
There are thousands of them,
you only have to sand'em, because there is brass under the nickel/chrome finish of these lights !!!

Gerwin,

Those old cruisers had 5/16 axles(~8mm), soft steel, bent real easy, most of the modern cruisers come with a 3/8" although sometimes you find a flatted axle on the reproduction cruisers and those will fit the old forks The rims were typically the same size as a moderm mtb, although schwinn had some weird s-5/6/7 sizes nad you can find some old ones with ~28inch rim

Jack : My friend , called "Dremel" , has helped me a lot :D
Two minutes of grinding with a diamont-cutting disc, and the European 8mm axle did fit.
Rims on the pic are standard 1.75 ATB rims. They do look a bit skinny to me.

nice to hear your using a duamatic hub i had one myself but sold it on marktplaats (dutch ebay)
looking good to see some usa parts in the netherlands

Re: First mock-up of my boardtracker..

ej599 said:
Man, I thought there was something wrong with that springer, but it's just a cool design with the legs that move in the back instead of the front. I've never seen one like that before, do you know the vintage? And the bike looks sweet. Can't wait to see the finished product.

yeah the way they are,theres no suspension. :roll:

i love the bike man it is sweeeet !! and that columbia springer is fantabulish ha!! i dig it because its different than the schwinn monarch and hawthorn ones it makes me almost skite da brook ? not sure how to spell that i can be way off or u may know what im sayin my father was 100% dutchman born in alfien on the rien he past away 3 years ago this coming june he taught me a great deal of things and he loved his hot rod cars that he built he also loved cool bikes

Back