First Good CL Score!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I never have any luck on craigslist when it comes to bike stuff, but today I finally stumbled onto a listing that was like a gold mine! Well almost. The guy was only about 30 minutes away and had tons of bikes (mostly girls) in his yard. I came home with two and don't feel like they put that big of a dent in my pocket for what I came home with.
I paid $120 for two bikes. I believe they are both Hawthorne bikes, one is a 24", and the one with the tank is a 26". I'm happy with my score, but let me know if you think I overpaid so I don't make the same mistake in the future. I'm new to old bikes and don't know the value of everything yet, so any advise is helpful.

here's the link to the craigslist post, anything good that I missed?
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/atq/4222006759.html

Nice score! Did us see any stingrays? I like Stingrays.:)

I snagged one up that way a few months ago. You will have to bring your cool new rides down to some of the events in the Wichita area. Always a fun time.

I did see a cool eliminator frame on that CL post. That's pretty groovy. I used that same frame for my musclebike buildoff the Purpa-Trator.

I saw that also while I was there, I think i'm to tall to ride something like that! It will be a stretch for me to fit on the 24" bike, but maybe with the addition of a banana seat it will put me far enough back to ride comfortably.

I'm 6'2" and cruise th 20" musclebikes almost exclusively. Lots of fun man. :rockout:

Nice scores, Closer pics of the tank and head tube area might help with identifying them and any numbers that may be either on the BB or the rear drop out. Looks like you may need some work on the fork of the 24 inch

Back