First Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that I have an everyday cruiser. I want to start a project bike. Where can I get an inexpensive stylish frame to start on ? Do most people do garage sales ? or online ? any suggestions ?

all of the above.

that being said, back peddling is a great place to start.

Hey!
Also an Ontario boy here... (if you call 30 a boy :D ) Congrats on the cruiser deal!
I also wanted to pass on a link to a New Years day ride in Oakville if you are interested.
http://www.forum.freakbikenation.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3382

It will be my first time attending a ride with these guys... I am excited to finally meet some like minded folk to ride with.
If you can make it you should join in!

Thanks icyuod2, I will try backpeddling
BrunneCustoms I too am 30 and might be interested in this ride, thanks for the heads up ! I moved to this area a few years ago and dont know anyone into bikes so any rides like this are perfect !

I am new to the whole cruiser bike world, I have always been into mountain bikes and road bikes. I have owned a few old schwinn bikes and I am looking to get a Electra now. I have looked at the Hellbilly, sparker and RatRod locally and I just can't decide. Is the Hellbilly and the Ghostrider the same frame? I like the look of the fat tire and from what I can tell, the RatRod will not allow me to have this unless I remove the fenders? How does the Hellbilly and Ghostrider compare to the straight 8?

Any info or guidance you can provide woudl be appreciated.

Thank you,

Im new to the cruiser world as well but have been doing quite abit of online reading and been to a few shops lately. I believe the hellbilly and straight 8 share the same frame. The ghostrider shares the same frame as the rat fink. The rat fink/ghostrider frame is stretched for a much longer wheelbase. I dont think there is much diff from the hellbilly and the straight 8 besides the color. Does the hellbilly still come with the triple crown fork ?

You're right, my gf's Hellbilly measures 1.83 m and my Ghostrider 1.99 m. if memory serves correctly. Our Hellbilly has the triple tree fork, but I've seen them on the web with a regular fork too, like the Electra Boney Finger has. Choice of the longer Electra depends mainly on your height I guess. I'm 6' and the Ghostrider fits like a glove !

Back