First build.... Rat Build (ICT)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2012-08-16_12-48-45_277.jpg

So here it is!
Ok so first question... Do you guys really ride your bikes with this big sprocket? My legs are burning after 7ish miles...
Next question. It came with a bent springer fork but the guy said i would need Bearings or something to take slop out the fork tube on the forks.
Also anyone local to Wichita Ks that will trade me some straight but seen better days 26" wheels for my new front and decent rear? Also looking for 26" white wall tires and some ape hangers.

Re: First build.... Rat Build

Is it finished? Cuz this is Ratty!!

not done. just picked it up. got along ways to go! lol Going for a traditional ratrod car look so gonna make it alot better

also looking for a springer seat in disrepair! nay condition besides not useable rusted and torn prefered!

The bike I put a Schwinn Exerciser chainring on has a 2 speed kickback hub, and riding in the lower gear feels about like a normal ratio. Then I get to kick it into the higher gear, and I haven't even explored its top speed yet.

i bet a nice 2-any speed hub would be nice on this big sprocket! but none the less i like the bike. I need to figure out how to get the bent springer front end on properly. Anyone done that on here? What am i gonna run into?

2012-08-17_01-04-21_323.jpg

ok got springer front end on and it fits better than what was on it but gonna need to look at new bearing cups/retainers maybe or something. How can i age the chrome? And anyone have a extremely ratty springer seat?

2012-08-17_01-04-21_323.jpg

ok got springer front end on and it fits better than what was on it but gonna need to look at new bearing cups/retainers maybe or something. How can i age the chrome? And anyone have a extremely ratty springer seat?

AaronGibbs said:
I liked this one !
But Do this design gives comfortable seating posture ? If yes, you will rock on it...

That is a cool looking bike. I can't imagine trying to ride it around here, I'd be pushing it half the time! :lol:

Back