First build... drop some knowledge on me

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... this is my first project and it has started slow. Everything went well, except now I can't get the crank out for some reason, but I will work on that later.

I have this old Road Master and like the blue, but I want to paint the bike. I would like to paint it black, but I don't want it to have that "perfect" paint job look (not that I could do that anyway). I would like to have the blue come through in spots and look like an old paint job. Are there any "how to" write-ups on a method to use? Thanks in advance guys... I'm sure more stupid questions will be coming at you.

61700965.jpg

Cool... checking out the links on there. Always check the stickies... I rushed and didn't.

Another question... the Road Master I have has the TINY little seat post. Is there an adapter that will allow me to attach a new seat with rails to a post that small?

Here is a pic of it together... not sure if there is a shim on the frame or not, but the seat post is really narrow. It fits on the seat it has, but the rails on it are different than newer seat rails.

6D30893C-orig.jpg

Back