First Build "Black Cat"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I was able to get my Engine mounted in the right spot with my offset front mount and rear mount, gave me plenty of room to install my new air filter, and I also cut and rotated my expansion chamber to clear the peddle from hitting it. Now just need to install the clutch, kill switch, chain, and clean up the cables routing, then test it all out : )
2011-05-29_20-33-33_521-1.jpg

2011-05-29_20-31-27_381.jpg

In this pic the rear studs will be replace with bolts. Studs are just there for mock up.
2011-05-29_20-31-43_221.jpg

2011-05-29_20-32-14_516.jpg
:mrgreen:

cool mounts 8) should be extra sturdy, and you really gona run the seat that low? cause if you do :shock: AWESOME!!!

masterpoop63 said:
cool mounts 8) should be extra sturdy, and you really gona run the seat that low? cause if you do :shock: AWESOME!!!

I was wondering the same thing.... i have a similar frame and seating position on my current build. Its not comfy but looks sooooooooo good

Nice work on those mounts

harry76 said:
masterpoop63 said:

I was wondering the same thing.... i have a similar frame and seating position on my current build. Its not comfy but looks sooooooooo good

Nice work on those mounts
Seats is low but my short haha.

Well its alive, and runs wOOooooo :D :D :D :D

Well bike idles great, revs up great with no load on it. Going straight it does ok but at WOT IT BOGGS DOWN, going down hill seems to be way better, and up a slight hill it boggs and wants to die. I have the Notorious CNS Carb....... im also in break in period running 18 to 1. Have the intake sealed up nicely, used rtv around some spots and still nothing. Pulled and checked plug, its dark black not way dry but not wet, Even when I put the pacman clip in middle setting didn't seem to help much.... my engine is the skyhawk gt5 super rat.

Well talked to a local motorized bike dealer tech who builds these bikes and tunes them daily and said with the CNS CARB, AND K&N style filter u need a bigger jet to stop the bogging at WOT. So im gonna pick a bigger jet he sells, and see what happens. Hopefully this fixes my Cbs carb issues.

Back