First Build 8 years ago + CYCLE TRUCK PROJECT IDEAS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It all started with me by raking an old Western Flyer cruiser with the straight bottom tube. I put huge while walls on it, painted it a cool cream color. I put ape hangers on it and an eight ball bell. The rims were 24" aluminum wheels from a bike I pulled from the dumpster. I made my own "HeadBadge" on it just like a SHWINN head badge but instead it said "BOYD". On the bottom tube I had BOYDSTER writen on both sides. The last person to ride the bike was my 21 year old brother that got killed a month later in a car wreck. I sold the frame only on Craigslist for 100.00. (I regret ever selling it) I am currently building a bike dedicated to my brother. I currently have about 6 rat bikes and a few road bikes. My son who is 10 has the rat rod bike
bug also. He has three Schwinn Sting Rays. One 64',one 77,and 66'. I recently aquired a 27" or 68 cm schwinn road bike that has a 12" head tube. (yes a twelve inch headtube)I plan on making my own cycle truck for swap meets and car shows. I have been looking for an old cooler or crate with good patina. I have a 3 speed Shimano with coaster break. A shifter from a commercial oven that I removed on the job that was made in 1923. Any way any advice would help. I have seen a lost of nice builds on here guys, keep it up. Oh yeah, I built a bike pretty close to it about 6 months ago out of an 83' huffy cruiser frame.

Re: First Build 8 years ago

I will post pics of the 12" headtube as soon as I create an account on photoshop! It should be sometime this weekend. Thank for condolences GALTBACKEN. Im new to the sight please tell me what + 1.5 :mrgreen: means!
IMG_0862.jpg

WOW I measured it, its just 10 1/2 inch head tube......I still think its big enough!

Welcome to Rat Rod Bikes!

Wow that is one big frame Continental! Strange beast! Even weirder is to think that after ordering a very special bike like that, someone left it outside to rot for so many years.

Well, this place is all about creative reuse of things like that. When that bike is turned into something new and amazing, it will be a sight to see. Stick around, enjoy RRB and have fun building!

--Rob

I actually found it at the local scrap yard. I think I paid around $6.25. The frame is for someone 6' 9" or taller. It looks like an a frame ladder with wheels! Oh well I have the pefect use for every part of the frame except the bottom bracket, its a little smaller than cruiser BB's.

Back