First Build: "59 Speedster...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After finding this site and being inspired by what everyone is doing I decided to start my first build. I picked up a frame off of eBay after not finding what I wanted locally and not having access to a lot of good used parts. I turned out to be exactly what I wanted :D . A nice cantilever frame with decent paint. I did some research and decided it was a 1959 Speedster (let me know if I'm wrong) and got to collecting parts. Most parts are eBay with a few I had from other bikes (Seat, bars). I like the way it's shaping up and am trying to decide what to name it currently.
I hope you like it and feel free to comment.
rat3.jpg

rat1.jpg

rat2.jpg

Thanks for all the positive comments. Waiting for some parts to come in but it should come together quickly after that. Still trying to find a decent red/black/chrome chainguard that will go with it.

great color combo black with those tires looks really nice and i really dig the little bobber fender.

I have a set of electra handlebars that I pulled of another cruiser that I may try. I'm waiting on a new stem. The stem I have is 21.5 and the Monark forks take 22 which I didn't know. A lot of work to get those forks to fit. It's almost not worth it but it was love at first sight though. I just hope they hold up. The other threads about those forks don't make it sound to promising. :shock:

Yeah that's nice! I really like the black rims. I was thinking of that but got to excited putting everything together to wait and paint them. Also don't really have a good spot to do it right. There's something about those red tires that I really like :D

Back