First Bike Commute to Work.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I finally did it. I rode my bike to work. I am only about 5 miles from work but since I am in Houston it is a sauna in the morning. It was actually quite nice. We will see how hot it is after work......

I rode my Electra RatRod over my New Belgium Brewery bike but when Orange Crush is finished that will probably be my commute bike. I will more than likely add a basket at some point to it to make it easier to carry my laptop.

Later,

Eric

Good for you! I'm jealous. I have an hour drive to work, and the college I go to is about a 30 minute drive. Can't wait until I'm done with school so I can change careers and get a job closer to home, or at least move closer to my job.

Buck Masterson - I use to have about an hour and 15 minute drive each way to work. I did that for 10 years in grueling Houston traffic. 6 months ago I found a job right down the road from my house. It was like having 2 extra hours added to the day. For the first month I did not even know what to do when I got home from work.....because I had so much time on my hands.

Rat Rod - I do not have the 3 speed. I went with the 1 speed model of the Rat Rod. Where I live there are no hills at all so 1 gear is all you need. I do like the 3 speed nexus hubs though. If I ever buy another Electra I will probably go for the 3 speed just to have something different. Maybe I will buy a grey sparker......... :mrgreen:

Later,

Eric

hey eric ,
im in Houston too...
yeah, no prob with a single speed in houston...not too many steep grades to manage.

i live down in clear lake area and ride my dumpster rescue old single 3 miles back and forth to work.
in the early morning its like a ride in the park!

im saving a load on the petrol, to boot!

Latest posts

Back