First bike/bike project!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
deorman said:
It's hard to see the headjoint clearly, if it really is a '54 serious congratulations are in order!

I havent given the bike so much as a glance for the last couple months, but this weekend I ran the serial number on OldRoads and the bike comes back 9/16 or 9/17 in 1954! Love having such an old bike, over 55 years since it was fresh and factory new and now it sits in my hands. Good feeling!

Are those stems pretty sturdy? I have a hard time NOT flexing those hi-rise bars, but I plan on running apes so it fits my body better while riding, so I want to make sure it'll clamp for me.
Thanks for the help everybody and make sure you check out and post up pictures in the Cantilever Frame Pics thread!

If i had my camera charged :x it looks like the one on your bike, the Wald company made schwinn approved clamps. If you take it out of the frame it will probably have Wald Schwinn Aproved stamped on it. or it might not i've seen it both ways.

Back