Firewalkers "Pic-A-nick" Cruiser! DONE! but not in

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lightfoot asked

Where do you get wheels like those?

well I went to a guy's house who was selling cruiser stuff on Craigs List. I purchaced alot of stuff from him when he said

"hey do you have a purpose for this kind of rim?" "sorry but both are front!" "you can have them if you wish!"

Oh ya! my Karma was good that day! .....I told him about this bike and he gave me a few other things :mrgreen: you shall see them in good time :D :D

sorry but I have no history on the rim or were it even came from.

Primer time.....I have been thinking long and hard about a colour theme for this bike and leaving it in red oxide with some pin work has crossed my mind....

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

but I belive I have come up with something better....

hey when you get her back together could you please post some pics of the front tire set up mainly the control arm and spindle???

doing a lil something and i think the my be the way to go. but would like a closer look see.

lookin good i dig the rear fender

Well here you go UCWT! it just so happins that is what Im rebuilding right now.....

Here is a pic.

IMG_1271.jpg

So I began by ripping it apart than giving everything a bath in some gasoline, then everything went to the wire wheel then the polishing wheel! I started with the red compound then went to the silver!

IMG_1961.jpg

Of course the bearings were repacked and set

IMG_1963.jpg

IMG_1964.jpg

I also did the outer cup plates.....this is going to look awsome once I start placing it all back together.

IMG_1967.jpg

IMG_1969.jpg

wait till you see the control arms!!!! :shock: :mrgreen:

thanks for the pics . i was thinking of using neck tubes and stems but that setup is much easyer.. never would have thought of front hubs.

thanks again i'm thinking this is the way i'll go.

I'm so lookin forward to this bike! And it just occured to me what I would do with this bike; mount an oxy-acetylene torch in that front rack and I could be a mobile rat-hacker! oh yeah....

between shifts I was able to finish off the control arms.....no different...I just used the wire wheel and the polishing wheel and presto

IMG_1972.jpg

IMG_1973.jpg

I guess its time to come up with a real theme then go to work on the paint and seat!? I better slow down! at this rate she will be done before I know it! we still have two months :shock: :mrgreen:

a

So far, this is awesome! A standout among alot of nice contenders. Keep on keepin' on!!!

3 wheels 4ever!!!

Well here is an update....

this is the insperation for this build. Its a 2005 Riddler winner and a Chip Foose Design Excellence Award winner. The 27T Roadster designed by Thom Taylor an idle of mine!

05SEMA_0036-vi.jpg

with this in mind the frame had to change colour from its red primer to Black....Gloss Black :mrgreen:

IMG_2068.jpg

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2070.jpg

thats not all that needs to change.....the chrome on the rims have to go so I stripped them down and got them ready for paint Red is over done....wait till you see the colour I'm using for that!!!! :mrgreen:

IMG_2288.jpg

thats all for now! I will start to put the bike back together while the paint drys on the rims...............

I like the chocolate chip cookie dough for Ice Cream :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

today I was able to put the front end back together...

I started with bottom crank set and put the new cups in
IMG_2072.jpg

then I went to work on the hub assembly

IMG_2073.jpg

I also polished up the hose clamps
IMG_2076.jpg

the tie rods came next along with the stem and goose neck...I found a Horo which I though would be a good match to the bike I also found a box full of stainless nuts and bolts so they now have a new home.

IMG_2084.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg

IMG_2088.jpg

and just for a smile I painted the maple leaf that was on the cage

IMG_2102.jpg

I would like to have the rear fender and rat trap on by tonight aswell but we shall see.

thanks FW

Latest posts

Back