Firestone 500 II - Suggestions?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CL find, $80. If it was in your garage what would you do? This is my first Rat. Thanks

Bike057.jpg

Bike042.jpg

Thanks for the replies. I've been cleaning it for two days. Fenders are gonna be great. Rims are 80%. Original tires show a little cracking, but not bad (they still hold air). Paint is about 60-70%. I put on a new chain and cruised the driveway. It would probably be a cool display bike but I was so looking forward to ripping it apart. I'll post a few pics after it's cleaned. I bought it from the original owner, it was in his basment for the last 25 years.

Belive me bro-That's a rare bird in that condition! Their will be plenty to come that you can rip apart!Please don't hurt it! :wink:
L8 EM

Thanks Duke. You know what that means... I get to buy another bike. I used to look at pics of some members garages and think "How do these guys have this many bikes?". I'm begining to understand. This is addictive. (I bought a $31 Schwinn last night on the 'Bay for my girlfriend.)

Oh man...you've got the men's version of:

100_0282.jpg

100_0284.jpg

100_0283.jpg

100_0287.jpg

This one's a Monark Thunderbird....yours appears to have been made by Monark as well, the tank light/ width was pretty exclusive to them....NICE FIND!!!!

I've owned a ratty firestone 500 for a few years now, you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find that tank. Definitely leave it as is and rat out another bike.
PICT3580.jpg

necessaryevil said:
I've owned a ratty firestone 500 for a few years now, you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find that tank. Definitely leave it as is and rat out another bike.
PICT3580.jpg

I'll take that as good advice. Your bike was one that inspired me so I was really stoked when I came across mine. Thanks for the input.

Do you guys have any idea what year this bike is? The original owner says he thought it was a '67 or '68. Thanks again.

I think the first number of the serial is the year, so if it were say 2xxxxxxx it would be a 62. Mine is an 8 so I guess it's a 58, I would say your's is an early sixties.

necessaryevil said:
I think the first number of the serial is the year, so if it were say 2xxxxxxx it would be a 62. Mine is an 8 so I guess it's a 58, I would say your's is an early sixties.

Thanks so much. I'll research that tomorrow.

Back