"FIREBIRD" formerly burgundy gasser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hotrod "PURPLE GASSER"

Dont forget about me I have Roth frame #2

big AL said:
Tychevelle said:
Very sweet bike!

I like that springer too, whered you get it from? did it come with the top plate that the bike risers are bolted to?

Lookin good, cant wait to see it all done

The fork came from http://www.Chopperus.com.
The top plate clamp was made from a old top clamp on a downhill fork I had lying around. Then just cut off the tube clamp ends and drill holes for the risers.

Al
Cool ya I ordered from them a few times. I like it looks great man

This may be a stupid question but I can see these "roth" frames are custom but who makes em? Is there threads with more info? There beautiful. Been kickin the idea around to build my own frame since that's what I do is steel fabrication but still haven't got around to it

Tychevelle said:
This may be a stupid question but I can see these "roth" frames are custom but who makes em? Is there threads with more info? There beautiful. Been kickin the idea around to build my own frame since that's what I do is steel fabrication but still haven't got around to it

Hey you can get one of these from Greg Roth A.K.A. GREG66 on this form.
Just send him a P.M. Great price for a sweet frame.

all i seen are teaser pics. looks sick ted

Put the drive train on today. Also Made a shifter head out of resin using a small plasti funnel. It will do for now.

DSC02157.jpg

DSC02156.jpg

DSC02155.jpg

Sweeeeeeeeet take it for a spin yet?! where'd ya get the stick shift adapter for the nexus shifter? ive seen the one fireproof made he make that one?

Tychevelle said:
Sweeeeeeeeet take it for a spin yet?! where'd ya get the stick shift adapter for the nexus shifter? ive seen the one fireproof made he make that one?

Very smooooth rider and no bugs to work out. No fireproof didn't make it but I copied his. I don't c.n.c. so I made it from resin and a small funnel.

Broke her down today and the powder I ordered came in. I'll drop it off in the morning and polish the parts while I wait.

Re: Hotrod "COPPER GASSER" Color change

:( I was at the powder coater and the purple that I had picked out just didn't do it for me. Ordering another purple would take another week or so. My second choice was copper, But you say I already have a copper bike, yes thats true. My copper bike paint is getting old in the tooth and in need of a redo and I think I will do that one in the purple that I want. And they say women keep changing their minds :lol: :roll:

Re: Hotrod "BURGUNDY GASSER" Color change

Disregard last post......

Did I mention my middle name is "Fickle"? This is exactly why I don't do build threads. :roll:

Here we go - Didn't like the purple. Got a copper bike, don't need another copper bike. My powder coater had a beautiful metallic burgundy on hand and that's it. That's what it's gonna be painted. Can't change it now. :lol: :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Here is a picture of the color I picked:

Holden-Efijy-muscle-cars-1353058-1024-768.jpg

Re: Hotrod "BURGUNDY GASSER" Color change

nice glad i held off on sending mine out i was almost gonna go with a color like that. looks sick

Re: Hotrod "BURGUNDY GASSER" (DONE)

Here she is all but done. Just need some acorn nuts for the front wheel and some old school pedals.

DSC02168.jpg

DSC02164.jpg

DSC02167.jpg

DSC02170.jpg

DSC02169.jpg

DSC02163-Copy.jpg

DSC02171.jpg

Thanks Greg for a sweet frame. It's rippin heads.

Back