Firebikes- Cha Chi Chopper by allRidestyle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we mocked up a firebikes cha chi frame with a custom springer by Jakz....other specs: 100mm rigida, shimano 3spd....chain tensioner....custom shifter selfmade with a piston....american legend custom bar....nirve saddle and grips....felt thick brick in the rear and schwalbe fat frank in front...drum break.....firebikes billet chainwheel "mayday".......testride was in frankfurt and the ride is .... great

l_32642c1abd4c38d2697a4d6a3cd96a08.jpg

l_f648db3c17257d5ad1d6d2e6f760a656.jpg

l_87f2b6b1fec50ba5618c6e4c122c9d3d.jpg

l_b4bf1e2d0645ae9edaf393eb24e0576f.jpg

l_86d418ac38e1d41c5d6ab6f20601b5cd.jpg

l_f0bfdcc7617c1b0c83aeaed5a7a40215.jpg

l_06d92ae1ff001f6259923b18b21ed810.jpg

hemi-sweet.jpg

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mrgreen:

did you build that front fork or was it already that long. see i need a front chopper for mine...but to give me the clearance its gotta be i think 37" top of steering tube to center of wheel and 30 inches from the bottom plate to the center of the wheel.
BIKE005.jpg

BIKE002.jpg

ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHERE TO GET SOMETHING?

aoooww that is pricey!

just my sugestion...and a thought...if it was me I would cut off the stem tube and change the rake so it was not so out there and put on a set of 30" triple forks :mrgreen:

32612%20Chop%20Fork%201inch%20t-less%20%2025inch%20long.jpg

the bike would more enjoyable to ride and still retain its coolness! :D

here is a picture of my bike

IMG_1679.jpg

just a thought

FW

Firewalker said:
aoooww that is pricey!

just my sugestion...and a thought...if it was me I would cut off the stem tube and change the rake so it was not so out there and put on a set of 30" triple forks :mrgreen:

32612%20Chop%20Fork%201inch%20t-less%20%2025inch%20long.jpg

the bike would more enjoyable to ride and still retain its coolness! :D

here is a picture of my bike

IMG_1679.jpg

just a thought

FW

yeah i was just gonna say look at how far im raked, but then i read your whole post./ the thing with my bike is that the frames not so streatched, its mainly the rake and front fork that gives me the length

PRAISE THE LOWERED said:
Pricey is an understatement buddy! Ha ha I think I will try to build one...conduit it is lol
Pricey maybe, the quality can't be beat. Heres mine...Kelly
autorama2037lk6.jpg

firewalker...are those 30 inch triple trees 30 inches end to end or are they 30 inches from the bottom plate to the center of tire....because if i get a fork that extends at least 26 or 27 inches from the bottom of the steering tube i can ride at the same height as the set up with the reverse springer...heres an idea of what im looking at...
BIKE.jpg

OH that is a better picture to go by

the fork is 30" from the top to the bottom drop out. but this is good for you......fallow me on this!

with the picture you posted I noticed that your bottom bar, angles up from the back to the front, giving the bike an uphill look. This bottom bar should be parellel to the ground to give the bike a proper flat riding stance!

The 30" fork would level your bike out and give it a real nice look :shock: :mrgreen: trust me...

I hope I explained it right

PS I love your high tec CPU kick stand lolol
FW

yeah i noticed that too..but the deal is we had to make the chain suuuper tight since the suspension loosens it when you sit down..and if i put smaller cnaks on its gonna be near impossible to peddle it

but the deal is we had to make the chain suuuper tight since the suspension loosens it when you sit down..and if i put smaller cnaks on its gonna be near impossible to peddle it

Well there are many ways to fix this but I do not know your budget?
many of the new school BMX bikes are now able to run smaller crank sets and yet still get the same peddle as if you were running a 44 tooth :mrgreen: you are already half way there to do that ...you would need to change out your one pce to a three pce!! this can be exspensive. here is an example on a felt bike
8741.jpg

nice bike hey!

To solve the first part and save money I would make a slack adjuster / tentioner .....many new style down hill bikes use them for just the same problem :D I'm sure you can find a doner. Or drop by your LBS and have a look at one and make one out of old school parts.
here is one example from Mr Brown himself ( may he ride the great hills in the sky!!)
single-conv.gif

and here is the article
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/singlespeed.html

notice the tention arms /wheels near the BB...Yes I know its a hard tail bike but it is the same on a full suspention bike (I could not find a pic..sorry)
mongoose%20fireball%2007.jpg

As for the second......thats a good point. :? If you have the ability And this is what I would do for I belive stance is everything along with ride comfort!!!!

I would look into moving the Bottom Bracket! up and to the front. Not only would this give you more comfort when you peddle...(your knees will not be hitting you in the chest so much) you can keep your one pce crank and just run a tention wheel

I hope this is helping

FW

Back